Thursday, August 30, 2007

The inevitable POOP post....

Our nearly 2 year old is potty training and not real big on the whole "pooping in the potty" thing. So with nearly 3 days of not going; we have a problem. For all your poop experts (Tarah, maybe you can talk to Scott :), what do we do? As far as diet is concerned it's perfect. I'm following all the recommended guidelines he is just stubborn and doesn't like this whole poop on potty thing. So if anyone cares to share any words of wisdom on how to get them to go on the big boy potty it would be greatly appreciated!

Time to go coach him some more and maybe see some results....

UPDATE: That was fast! I put a diaper on him and gave him "alone" time in the crib. My little trooper did it! I will not bother to go into detail from there. However, I would still love any tips on getting him to go on potty.... Thanks :)

4 comments:

  1. Chandra, I can't believe there are no comments about the POOP yet!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's any comfort, Jameson does not want to poo on the potty either. Everytime I ask he just says "no mama", so I'm not pressing the issue. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. He will go (and he'll let you know) when he's ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:07 PM

    When I was potty training Haven, he went a full 6 days without a poo. Toward the 6th day, we told him we'd take him to the toy store and we would buy him ANYTHING he wanted, if he would just poo in the toilet. After he got over that first poo in the toilet, he was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We let the kiddos call their hero -bob the builder, superman... yes, I know, silly. But hey- when uncle Ryan...ummm... I mean bob the builder says yea- it is a big deal! Have you tried a poo sticker chart? Let connor play naked and when he poos- take it to the potty and say " this is where it goes" and say goodbye. I really think the whole potty party thing works great. Pick a week- stay home and do potty everything. make cookies for when he poops- ya know. My boys have gotten it in 1 week and we are done with diapers. BUT, hey, they have scott as a dad. Anyone growing up with a psychology man knows that if they have to talk about feelings with it all, they should just get it over with!!! ( how did it make you feel when mom said it was stinky? - really- I say who cares how they feel, it just got done man!!! ) I will ask Scott to think of some good emotionally supportive "poo" statements, and have him post!! :)You might be rated R by net nanny if he posts.

    ReplyDelete