Saturday, August 04, 2007

Lots of good stuff going on....

We had a WONDERFUL day today!! Little man peed on his potty 3 times (with bribery of course) and only twice on the floor (that I could find). Tomorrow is another day and hopefully will bring us more excitement on the potty chair.

My goal for this weekend was to actually make our living room feel more like an actual living room. We have succeeded. It is sooooooooo cozy now. I'm writing this as I lay back in my chair and ottoman and hubby is kicking back on the couch with his feet on the coffee table. It's magical. He climbed up the barn tonight to fix the receiver for the internet signal and we are currently connected. Back to the living room; I love it!! We still need to mount the tv above the fireplace but it's really coming together.


Nathan caulked the tub today so tomorrow we will mount the shower rod and take our first shower. Woohoo! It just keeps getting better. And in other accomplishments the ceiling fans are all mounted (thanks again to my husband) and we have covers on nearly all of the outlets and switches. I am really starting to love our house and losing the feelings of regret. I really hope those days are behind us. The biggest obstacle we have left is getting the baseboard and window trim up. Then we have PLENTY of other things to keep us busy.

It's 10pm and little man is in his crib playing with his cars. You'd think he'd be so wore out at the end of the day he'd crash but his cars are just too much fun.

I know it's been awhile since I've mentioned the adoption so here goes. The Ethiopian courts are currently closed so the referrals will be on hold for a few weeks. They will pick back up by September and we will continue to watch our names move up the list (woohoo). Time is flying by; maybe too fast. We have lots to do by fall but I can't wait to meet our little guy. Little man keeps talking about "baby brother" so that's reassuring. We finally sent in for our I600a (basically approval from the US Immigration office to adopt) last week and already received the letter for fingerprints. Woohoo! We need approval before we travel so I hope to get that back within the next couple months. We also need to renew hubby's passport and get my name changed. We should also be getting that done. Otherwise, work, work, work on the house to get things ready.

I'll conclude with a couple pics. Time to get some zzzzzzzzzzz's.

2 comments:

  1. Go Connor Go!!! How awesome to get him on the potty. Huge steps girly! I love the one of daddy fully supporting him. :)
    Your house is looking marvelous. I bet Connor loves having a home again. He, at least short curly's belonging to 100's of others aren't on this carpet! (hee hee- glad to be out of the hotel huh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot fathom a house renovation AND an international adoption all in the same year... or lifetime, for that matter. You are incredible! The house is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete