Saturday, August 18, 2007

Spectacular, Spectacular

With every day that passes this house grows on me more and more!! Today I'm in "I love it mode". I love my kitchen, I love our 50% finished bathroom, our ceiling fans, I LOVE the hardwoods, our storm door, I love how cozy it is becoming and I love my little ranch house with the laundry room RIGHT there.

Hubby is really getting the hang of installing doors and managed to install 3 doors tonight (even with me nagging in his ear, sorry babe). They look great. I will post pictures tomorrow; too tired tonight. They are solid wood doors and he had to actually cut off 3/4-1 inch on each of them to fit in our old, unsquare house. But they look great. We are a little torn on what to do with them now; stain them or paint them white (the trim throughout the house will be white). Any suggestions??

I'll try to post updated little man pics and house pics. We bought all the baseboard today and tomorrow we are going back for another storm door (front door) because we absolutely LOVE the one we bought for our side porch. They have two left on clearance (marked down from $280 to $140 and they ROCK if anyone needs a storm door). They are all glass that can be switched out to screen and VERY efficient.

Still lots to do but we are getting somewhere. The baseboard and windows trimmed out will make a HUGE difference on this house looking good!

Happy Saturday to All :)

If I have any strangers out there that actually read this, leave a comment to say HI!!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 PM

    Jeez. What happened to all those great pictures? Did your hubby make you take 'em off? What a worry-wart. I can imagine how great the house is looking. And how great you look! Meow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:01 AM

    your lil blog is sooo cute:) anxious to see the lil guy again and how big he is getting ( I mean the baby not Nate....ha) give him hugs and it sounds like the house is gonna look really great......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of your house. How exciting. As for the doors, I say stain them! It's a crappy project, but with little kids running around the next 10 years, I don't think you want to be scrubbing handprints off white doors when you could be eating chocolate and taking naps. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chandra!! I say stain the doors. I still need to call ya. I've just been pouting so haven't done much lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendations to stain it. I have been leaning towards staining them so thanks for the votes.

    Lisa, you need to give me a call and catch me up to speed! I am sorry for any bumps in the road you are hitting.

    Chan

    ReplyDelete