Friday, August 17, 2007

Cherry Sours anyone???

The weekend is here; woohoo! Tonight we went out to Olive Garden (my first time) and ate waaaaaaay to much but it was delicious. Little man seems to be a pretty good eater experimenting with Calamari, Beef Ravioli, Breaded Mushrooms and Italian dumplings tonight. After dinner we headed to Lowe's for the millionth time and looked at trim for the house. While there we met two guys who were doing a "fix and flip". They summed it up with "our first and our last". We had lots in common. They made us laugh and gave us a few pointers on the baseboard. We hope to start tackling that this weekend as well as installing a bathroom door!! Hubby can't stand no doors any longer. And it really needs to be done. Especially since we will be having our first guest this weekend! My brother's girlfriend to be exact. I can't wait :) Unfortunately the house isn't super cozy just yet but it will work!

My sister and I talked today about how my younger brother and I used to always get cherry sours when we were little and she would take all of us siblings to the grocery store on Friday nights to get candy (for those of you who are unaware, my family has a terrible addiction to candy). Anyway, they were the best Cherry Sours EVER. Then one day all hell broke loose and they had changed THE cherry sour. Nasty, flavorless, waxy cherry sours. My brother called the other day to tell me he thinks he found "the original cherry sour". I will see for myself when I come visit in Sept but until then my mouth will be watering.

4 comments:

  1. I looooove cherry sours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why put up doors? I think this will cut back on "family talk time". I say- no doors. Really, if guests are coming into your home, shouldn't they live the way you like? :)
    I am ashamed to say, I don't know what a cherry sour is. Though, we have a huge old fashion candy store here that sells all the goods including beemans, and clove gum! :) Might have to pop over there next week to know what you salivate for.
    :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tarah,
    Just be sure you don't get the waxy ones with no flavor when you put them in your mouth (which is what it will be most likely). I'll have to send you some after I check out the ones in CO.

    Doors? They are a must. For a couple reasons, hubby works from the home and it's just not working out not having any doors and us distracting him. Secondly, hubby has this thing with me NOT speaking to him while he poops (he's so weird like that :). He prefers using the bathroom by himself. Tarah, I think we are a minority in that department!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Nate on this one. I think that's one thing that God intended us to do ourselves.

    ReplyDelete