Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Grab your coffee...

Because it's gonna be a LONG one...

This past Friday I left my little man for the first time ever. I was able to say good bye just before his nap time and forced myself out the front door. Definitely the hardest part was pulling out of the driveway. Then my road trip began. 10 hours, 9 pee stops later, I was at my alma mater, Purdue University, W Lafayette, IN. My sister had to remind me where the liquor store was, picked up my beer (bottles of course since I'm so much more sophisticated now), and headed to meet the sisters (4 of them to be exact - missed you Amb & Keel). One of them was already plenty tipsy (to put it politely) so I knew I needed some alcohol in me if I was going to tolerate this drunken crowd :). We played some games, hung out and laid in bed talking until the wee hours of 6:30 a.m.. And of course I woke up by nine a.m. to face the day. Went to get some groceries and back to the house for some smoothies (and aspirin). Then off to my alumni bar, Harry's Chocolate Shop, for the 30 year anniversary of my old employer's owning the place. It was great to see old friends and co-workers and hang out with my sisters. We played some euchre, ate lots of yummy food and managed to drink from 2-midnight without stumbling home (errrr.... maybe not cujo). I hung with the college kids, played songs on the juke box and felt very old. I'm only 26 but wise beyond my years (heehee).






























I arrived home just over 50 hours later and was greeted by my little guy at 10:30 pm (way past his bedtime but dad got him up so I could see him). I was soooooo excited. I thought for sure he had changed drastically in the two days I was gone. Lots of hugs and kisses and a late night with mom and dad. It felt good to be home. And to top it off hubby had the house all clean and he had trimmed out 3 windows, two doors and some baseboard. He did awesome!! So much for convincing him I can't get anything done b/c little man keeps me busy. I guess I need to come up with some new excuses (suggestions welcome).



















It's been a busy week and more action this weekend. In adoption news, it looks like referrals should be starting back up very soon!! Hip hip hooray!!! We will be moving up the list again and we will soon be at the top. Can't wait to share the news of our new baby!

5 comments:

  1. How fun!!! I didn't know we were the same age!

    No help with the excuses. I cam home from 24 hours in hospital with Chandler to a disaster. Apparently, having the two kids renders him useless. :) Koolaid spilled on the floor left to make a sticky mess. hee hee

    I hope the referrals start soon! I thought it was early Oct last year... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:06 PM

    the trim looks to sooooo good, I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I just saw all the referrals on the forum... OH, I am on the edge of my seat for you. What number are you???????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chandra, glad you're back!! Sounds like ya had lots of fun. Oh crap if he got all that work done when Connor was home, your up that creek that's down a ways from your house!! Went by Sunday, it was up!
    No more excuses for u now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:42 AM

    These photos are great! It looks like you had tons of fun with your girlfriends. And the trim looks fantastic!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete