Sunday, September 16, 2007

Deep thoughts...by chatter

It's Sunday night, 9:30 and I'm in bed. I was about to call it a night and decided to post on my blog for my handful of readers. Well readers, guess what I did today?? I went for a jog! That's right. I jogged for 25 minutes, totaling 2 miles. If you do the math, you'll see that my jog was practically slower than a walk. But I don't care. My "excess skin" was shaking and it felt great. I took little man in the jogger stroller and he chatted the whole time about the birds, bugs, etc.. It was great. We didn't pass a single vehicle and I enjoyed the beautiful fields and countryside. Through all the mayhem I've not taken the time to enjoy the one thing that made us buy this place; the property! I sat outside for a bit chatting w/hubby today enjoying the view and breeze. It was very necessary and something I should do more frequently.

It's easy to lose focus on what's important when you are remodeling a home. There are many days that I do not like the person I've become. I used to be that gal that was always doing great. I didn't have anything to complain about and was well aware of how fortunate I was every day. But these last couple months that girl has gone missing. I'll think she's back, and then 3 crickets will skitter across my living room, and I'll kill 5 ants in my kitchen and I'll feel me slipping away. I try to keep my ground but slowly, slowly, she fades away. Which is why I'm on my computer right now. To tell you all how blessed I am. And to bring back the old Chatter and to not let her slip away. This stressed, overwhelmed, burnt out, whiny Chatter needs to hit the road FOR GOOD. So, with that, I'm going to try to keep all of you posted on all the good things in my life happening (with some occasional sarcasm of course).

Now, for the good stuff; little man. Little man will be 2 at the end of October. I can hardly believe it. He's such a joy to be around and sure makes it hard to discipline. As soon as my scolding comes out of my mouth all I have to do is look at that face and it breaks my heart. He of course responds typically with "I know mommy". As in, I know I'm not supposed to pee my underwear, I know I'm not supposed to spill water 10 x's/day, I know I shouldn't write on walls, I know mommy. I love him to pieces and I had so much fun hanging out with him and dad :)

Hubby cut out trim for several more windows today. I'll prime and paint them tomorrow and then we'll get them hung and then I'll actually post more pics of the house. I know I've been slacking but I've been so excited to show you "finished" photo's. I'm trying to be patient with the progress and unfinished-ness (no this isn't actually a word) of the house. Hubby has been relaxing with me a bit more and I think it's been good for us. And of course exercise. Today the feeling rushing through me was so peaceful. Yes, this was while jogging folks. Very crazy but so very wonderful!

Next is music. I finally dug my ipod out of the garage and I can't believe how much that does for me. It takes me to another place during times I feel myself getting frustrated and annoyed. It can be calming, energizing, or meditating depending on what I need. It makes me feel so relaxed most of the time!

And lastly, our precious little one waiting for us in Ethiopia that we will one day be paired with. I wish I could say he's on my mind constantly but we've had so many distractions that that isn't actually the case. But with each day that passes I know I am closer to finding out who "he" actually will be. I still think about his family. For any new readers, we've not been actually paired with a baby, I'm just thinking in general. I know when the day comes for the actual referral I will be so sad thinking about the loss of those who have loved him up until this point. I will mourn for them. I will question the adoption, if what we are doing is right? All of which is surely normal...

We still haven't received our 171h(adoption approval from the US) from the USCIS office yet so this will be hanging over me for the time being. And I need to mail in our passports for updates which I will be expediting (3 week processing times). I'm sure it will all work out but you know how it is....

So that's life in a nutshell. I promise to re-introduce you all to the REAL chatter who has been MIA for the past couple months. Have a happy Monday and wonderful week :)

love, C

6 comments:

  1. I like "happy chatter" but I really love knowing the authentic Chandra. Don't keep it ALL happy- share your ups and downs that make it life!
    I am excited to hear about the new little man!
    I hope you have a glass of wine, some great mucic and a slow dance outside this week! lots o love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to come see the house and Conner. Hopefully we'll meet up some time over the holidays.

    Going to join me on the next race???

    Is the adoption public knowledge yet to all friends and family? Not that I'm dying to tell people, just not sure if it's still limited to your audience here in blog land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is just tough sometimes. My moods fluctuate from month to month...not day to day. Maybe for you also? Hang in there. Glad you went for a run. I did that in a former life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chandra! We must be drinking water from the same source.(we do live close enough I guess)I'm not gonna try the running, maybe a good walk.;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't worry chan. you have a great week coming up, w/ me of course. it'll do you some good to leave the house and forget all your worries. if i can do it, so can you. see you tomorrow!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:21 PM

    Hi Chandra!

    As you know, I can totally relate to this. It's wonderful that you know how blessed you are despite being in the funk that you're in. I know how hard it is to sit back and see my blessings while I'm feeling stressed and depressed. I think it's so wonderful that you're adopting! How inspiring!

    And your jog sounds refreshing. I need to do something like that. I really need something active, maybe it will help me refocus.

    ReplyDelete