While I am too cheap to fork out $30/month for unnecessary TV I am strongly considering calling the Orkin man to come kill our crickets and ants that are making themselves at home. And these are not the baby crickets I remember in Indiana, they are the big black (8lb according to hubby as he just killed one) nasty creatures. I am sick of killing them in the morning, during the day and at night. I'm pretty sure that between the two of us we kill anywhere from 5-10/day. Yes, some days there are only 2 but others there are plenty more. And there is one hiding out that we can't find that loves to chirp at night when everyone is in bed. And of course little man is always quick to point them out to me (while I'm using the bathroom and there is one on the floor behind the toilet). Or when I went to check on him while he was supposed to be sleeping and when I walked in he said "spider, icky". Sure enough, he was in scrunched up against the edge of the crib b/c a cricket had decided to keep him company. Yet, I try to remain positive and LOVE our house.
Then there are the ants that decided to raid one of our kitchen windowsills and along the sink while we were out of town this weekend. It was our "welcome home" present from our new roommates. Ants; and too many to bother counting". So everyday while I'm washing dishes, washing my hands, brushing my teeth (we don't have a bathroom sink) I kill ants. The layer of cinnamon I put on the window sill no longer smells good and apparently has not thrown off the trail either.
I love you house but I am not enjoying our new visitors. Hopefully they don't eat me in my sleep tonight.
Oh, Terminix (or the like) are worth their weight in gold. We had the EXACT same ant problem you're describing when we moved into this house. They were coming in through the sink/window in the kitchen. It drove me crazy. We had Terminix come and they told me they were using the water in the sink to lay their eggs. They sprayed all around the house and we haven't seen one ant since. Call. It's worth the money.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that with me. I definitely had better call someone. It makes me feel better to know it can happen just about anywhere. Thanks again :)
ReplyDeleteUh, I wish I had known abou this problem before I said I would come visit. Is there anything else I need to know before I make a final decision about driving down there?
ReplyDeleteCall. Call now.
ReplyDeleteBlech.