What a wonderful weekend with this crazy house. Instead of me being the crazy one; I'll make the house the crazy one. Hubby decided to be super ambitious today (even though I wanted to do nothing but sit in my overstuffed chair and play on the net) and install a new exterior door. And I can't say I blame him since our old one had no way of latching so we kept a cardboard box (our vanity light to be exact) in front of it to keep it closed. Which means every time we left the house it was left open; exposed to the heat and any possible thieves (thankfully they didn't come looking for anything at our house). Oh and of course the risk of a creepy person wandering into our house at any given moment (I know that was going through all of your minds). So anyway, off to Lowes AGAIN. We are terribly sick of this place but I can happily report we've gone from as much as 3-4 times a day to maybe twice a week (okay fine, 5 times a week). Hopefully that will continue to diminish and one day I can think; 'wow; I've not been to Lowes in 3 weeks'. For those of you thinking, YEAH RIGHT; keep it to yourself. My mood has been extremely giddy and I'm allowing myself to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am actually starting to "love" this crazy house. I love my birds, the crickets, the view out all the windows and the inside is finally starting to come together. Which brings me to my other good news. Folks, we have a SHOWER. That's right; no more stinky baths (no offense bath lovers - you know who you are). Hubby took the official first shower tonight. Here is a photo of the new tub/shower. And for any of you perves out there who know where I live (ahem... MTA guys) NO peeking in my window.
Thank you honey for all your hard work with the door and rest of the house this weekend. You have been working hard and I really do appreciate it!! Now quit forcing me to work as hard as you. I want a break. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!
Here is the bossman below with a smirk on his face.
Okay, okay, I'm almost done. We have plenty left to do but in spite of what my hubby thinks, we will be starting to relax more in the evenings and on the weekends! I am ready for some ME time and for some more time to focus on baby #2. I think about him often and can't wait for The Call!! The Call being the one telling us we've been matched with a little boy. The list is moving fast and referrals will be starting back up before we know it. At least this crazy house has made the time go by very, very quickly.
Good night Moon, Good night house
Chatter
That door looks fantastic! Now all we have to do is replace the other door, siding, roof, get trim-work done, fart fan vented, plumbing, electricity out to the garage/barn, interior doors, closets framed, attic insulated, and about a billion other samller projects that I only notice when I'm in front of them. We should have this place done in no time. Only kidding Chand. Thanks for your help this weekend. Love you. Nater
ReplyDeletethe house looks really great...nice job guys, can't wait to come visit again...
ReplyDeleteYou guys are crazy, but it looks great so far. I would, um, totally be there helping out, but it's all my wife's fault. She got herself pregnant and she won't let me leave the house.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to hear the house is coming together. I am still amazed that Conner lets you get all that work done. I cannot imagine how much it sucked to have been in that hotel for so long. I'm pretty sure I would have gone crazy. Good thing you're documenting all of this because in 20 years you'll look back and wonder how you got it all done.
ReplyDelete