Friday, August 24, 2007

Fingerprints - done!

We have finally finished all the necessary steps for our USCIS (immigration approval) I600a. We mailed the application in about a month ago and then we got our fingerprints Wednesday. We drove 3 hours to the office and then waited for about 1 1/2 hr. I think it will take 45-60 days to receive our approval (it had better be an approval). We need this in order to travel to country. I would love to have it sooner than later for reassurance but we can accept our referral without having received it yet. Next on the list is to get our passports renewed. Hubby's expired and mine needs a name change. We should be doing this very soon. Referrals have not started back up yet but they should be very shortly. Hopefully by early Sept (possibly sooner). And with each day that passes I am getting more ambitious around the house. Lots to do before the new one arrives! I'll have plenty to do after receiving the referral so I know over the next couple months we need to get the house ready. It's all soooooo exciting :) Then after referral we will know what age and can go from there as far as what toys to get ready, baby items (jumparoo, bouncy seat, carseat, etc). Oh and figuring out a crib and all that good stuff. Wow, it really seems like it's going to be happening any day as I type this.

Little man is doing well. We still haven't mastered potty training, but we are working on it. I need to incorporate underwear and get him to tell me when he has to go. Any suggestions??? Right now he just runs to the little potty chair himself and goes. How do we REALLY convert? I would like to have him potty trained in the next month so that will not be an issue while we are scrambling around and getting ready to travel.

This weekend we will be painting trim for the house and hopefully getting started. I'm really excited for this and to see how much better it makes the house look. And too hopefully eliminate some spiders we've had lurking around.

We had a great visit with Jen. Little man had a blast with her and followed her around. He was constantly bringing her books to read. Here are some pics of the two of them. Thanks for coming Jen and for all of your help. It was great to see you :)



3 comments:

  1. What a milestone! You're one step closer to bringing your little one home!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:24 PM

    I was just telling Lee that Conner doesn't look like a baby anymore but like a lil' boy now:) Good luck on your approval although I doubt u need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:01 PM

    i can't believe how much older conner looks since i seen him last, and of course he just loved jen, what little kid doesn't?

    ReplyDelete