Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Picture Time!!

I forgot last night that I had some pics from Ethiopia on Nathan's computer so I'll get them posted. Before that here are a few updates - Biruk slept nearly 12 hours last night (6pm-5:30) and woke up for only one bottle. I was so happy. Then he's been so content playing since he woke up this morning. We are making beautiful progress and the little peanut is becoming more comfortable in his new home. I'm so happy for him and happy to have gotten some sleep. Hubby and little man came home from the ER before midnight with no news. They finally left after waiting 2 hours. His fever climbed up again through the night (in the 103's). He just seems so miserable at night. I really hope we get him feeling better b/c this will be day four of fevers.
I started this post nearly ten hours ago. Since then we made it to the doctor and after looking over Little Man she said there is a nasty virus that is going around that may last for another week or more. She said in the mean time dose him up when the fever climbs up over 102. So this afternoon at five is got up in the 103's and had some motrin. We'll probably have to give it to him again through the night. He's lying in bed right now watching Baby Einstein on his new portable DVD player from his g'ma. Yeah for that! He's sucking in air from the vaporizer that will hopefully loosen things up. Even though I lasted nine days in Ethiopia without a single bug I've come home and caught this "funk" and have been coughing like crazy and waking up with a sore throat. Hubby is indestructible and will somehow be missed which is a good thing. Biruk was down for the night at 6:00 and will hopefully sleep through until morning with one feeding again. I have his bottles and diaper ready for when he wakes up.

Thanks for all he warm wishes! Today was a great day with Biruk with lots of smiling and talking for mom and dad! Conner is sharing his toys with him and seems to like him. More soon since I'm finally figuring out this "mother of two" thing.

Here are pics of the new guy and some photo's from Ethiopia. Enjoy!

























11 comments:

  1. I cannot get over how adorable that little guy is! I just want to squeeze him through the screen. And I'm so glad he decided to sleep! What a relief that is. Bummer that you're still having to get up and drug poor ol' Conner during the night though. I hop he starts feeling better soon. And you too!

    I'd love to see pics of Little Man playing with his little brother. I'm sure those are in the works.

    Good luck figuring out more "mom of two" tricks. I'm sure you'll have it down in no time. Besides, I'm sure your mom has some tips if you need 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:19 PM

    Oh my God Chand, he is so fricken cute. I want to get in my car and drive to see you all. He is adorable, even Brian let out a big "Awwwww" when he saw the pics. Thanks for posting!

    Ethiopia looks really lush, nice change from CO brown.

    Hope little man is starting to feel a bit better. Glad Biruk is sleeping and hopefully your catching up a bit.

    Can't wait to see you all.

    Keel

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE,CUTE Pictures!!You look like you're 16 in those pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time with illness in your house, but am overjoyed that your family is all together.
    What an adorable family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Chandra, he is gorgeous! I can smell the air in ET as I see your pictures!
    What a blessing to have such a great sleeper. How much does he weigh- how long is he?
    I hope conner feels better soon. Sorry you and Little Man are still sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:51 PM

    He is soooo beautiful!!! Thanks for all the pictures. I can't WAIT to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:05 PM

    awww he is so cute i can't wait to meet him, glad to hear he is sleeping better, I sure you'll have this mother of two thing down in no time at all...keep up the good work, been thinking of you lots lately, talk to you soon poe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, he's so little and soooo beautiful. Thanks for posting the pics of Addis too. Hope you guys are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, Chan he is so precious, I cannot wait to see all of you guys in Cali

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures. He is adorable and you guys look incredibly happy! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:36 PM

    What a beautiful family! Welcome home little guy.

    ReplyDelete