Saturday, April 05, 2008

One day at a time...

I had posted earlier today and realized it was a tad whiney so I deleted it. I'll try again. Conner and I are getting are butts kicked by a nasty virus so that's the reason for the negativity. But this afternoon we set out in the sun for a little bit so that lifted my spirits. But not Little Man's. He's currently on day 8 of the fevers, cough and runny nose. We feel so bad for him. Hopefully this wicked virus will be gone soon. I don't have the fever, but a constant wheeze in my chest and throat that leads to ridiculous coughing spasms. I realized today that if I stay busy it seems to distract me enough to take away from the coughing. So I've done some laundry, swiftered the floors, vacuumed and changed our bedding. The house is now nice and tidy. Biruk is taking a really long nap right now so that is how I've managed to get all of this done. Conner has been glued to the tube (we are making exceptions since he's sick) and he's dozed in and out a couple times. Hubby is out working at the old house finishing the last of the trim. We hope to put a for sale sign in the yard this week or next. Most likely we'll need a realtor but we'll try by owner first.

Good news, I just took Conner's temp and it's 98 degrees. It hasn't been this low in a long time and usually around five o'clock (right now) is when he peaks and really takes a turn for the worse. I don't want to jinx anything but I hope this is a good sign. And he keeps complaining that he doesn't feel good. So maybe the fact that he has energy to complain is a good sign. Yeah!

Biruk has been great. The first few days were pretty rough. He wasn't sleeping much and would get upset when I layed him down. Then a couple days ago he started trusting that I wasn't going anywhere and began to relax a little bit. He's sleeping through the night a little better. He still gets up 2-3 times to eat but he'll let us put him back in the crib at least. All around we are making great improvements. He still spits out his rice cereal when we try to feed him so we are strictly on bottles. Maybe we will try introducing baby food in a little while. He is very ticklish and in certain spots we can get him laughing. It's pretty funny. He gives us big grins a lot and is overall a very happy baby. I'm happy we made it through the past week and I look forward to what lies ahead. Hopefully we can kick these cooties and be on the road to recovery soon.

Here are a few pics of the past couple days - enjoy!












I

5 comments:

  1. Look at those handsome boys! They are so cute! I am so glad Connor's fever has gone down. It is hard when they are sick they just lay there! I hope you both start to feel better soon! Have great night!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are too much. Your children are extremely cute. I hope Connor keeps feeling better, and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandra,I hope Conner's fever has stayed down!!Poor baby.And hope you've got rid of your coughing crud.
    I LOVE the pics of the boys together!Hopefully we'll get a referral soon,and get the little ones together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geeze I've been praying for you. At least you had enough energy to post and give an update... Sounds like if you can make it through all this (and the house sale) you'll be breezing through the rest of your summer ;) The photos of your boys together are SOOOO darling. Love it. Hang in there, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's hoping the worst is behind you. Those pictures are terrific.

    ReplyDelete