Monday, April 07, 2008

Finally, we have answers!

Today started with another sick day for Conner (fever in the 102's/103's) so we decided to call the doctor since 6-7 days had passed and still no progress. They gave us an apt for 2:00. As a mother of two and home by myself I was hoping the time would pass quickly before we had to leave since I had two demanding boys. Well at 10:45 I started getting ready and we barely made it out the door by 12:15 and I still hadn't eaten lunch. Wheww....

But we made it to the doctor and after doing the basic checkover she told us one ear was really red and the other a nasty ear infection. Why didn't we find this out at our last visit? She said usually after being sick that long the ear infection will show up on day 6 or 7 and that is what has caused his fevers to stay high. She then had a prescription called in for him and we were on our way. Biruk wasn't digging the carseat on the way home so we had to pull over twice for some play time. He's such a fun little guy so we just smiled, laughed and talked. Then we'd try again and finally he fell asleep the last half hour. Success.

The evening went quickly as usual. I'm going to finish cleaning the kitchen and call it a night. Hopefully my cough cooperates and does not keep me awake. Hopefully Conner's health will start to improve and by next week we will be a healthy family again.

G'night.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:41 PM

    Glad you found out Little Man's source of pain. Hopefully he feels better immediately, poor guy. The pic's you posted below are awesome. Biruk is a gerber baby. Can't wait to see you all soon.
    Hope you feel better.
    Keel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Conner will be feeling better soon.Hopefully he takes his meds well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Where was your lousy husband? It doesn't sound like he was anywhere to be found. Did he help at all? Your poor little guys need a real father figure if you ask me. Maybe it's none of my business, but I think you need a MAN to step up and help out once and a while.

    Sincerely,
    Concerned Man-hater

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you have an answer about Conner! Marlee has an ear infection too! Hopefully now with each day you can continually take steps forward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you guys are so sick, I hope you all feel better soon! See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I hope you're getting results too. Jameson was always a nightmare when he used to get ear infections.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodluck with your sick babies, I am in the same boat!
    Hang in there.
    Blessings
    Andrea (friend of Tarah)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Man-hater (aka my hubby),
    Thanks for giving me free time tonight and last night. I appreciate it and hope I can kick this nasty illness soon! I love you!

    ReplyDelete