Big brother is doing awesome! He's been so great with him and wanted to feed him his bottle this morning. He got through the whole thing with no spills. I was super impressed and needed the extra hand because I was scurrying around getting ready to leave to meet the realtor at our old place. Conner is quite the little helper these days getting diapers, putting laundry in the dryer and entertaining Biruk. He's been cracking us up with his choice of words lately, "this is delicous mom", "whatev" (yes whatev has recently replaced, whatever), "I'm just teasing you mom", "maybe later", and several other funny phrases. He's also been asking Nathan and I if we are going to take him to Ethilopia.
I'm happy to report that my bladder problems are under control since I've gotten rid of this awful cough and I am now sleeping again. What a relief! Biruk is doing so much better in the sleeping department and routine has been established. We are going to have beautiful weather this weekend and my sister from Texas will be arriving in the next half hour for a quick visit. She's bringing her youngest child (she has five) and I am looking forward to seeing her over the weekend.
Sorry for the misunderstanding on the last post, I will still be blogging I was just pointing out that there will be NO exciting, crazy, news to post (aka - new homes, pregnancies, adoptions, etc). From here out my blog will include details of my daily life as a mama. For example, while sorting laundry yesterday a turd fell out of my 2 years olds pants. And I picked it up, threw it in the toilet, washed my hands and went about my business. Keep in mind, it was a small turd, but the fact that it didn't phase me is very disturbing. When I asked hubby how he missed this when changing Conner his response was "I didn't see it". Hopefully there are no more turds lingering in my clothes hamper.
Gosh Chand, they're just so darn cute! Tell Amber I said hello. Glad to hear things are going more smoothly!
ReplyDeleteOH I just love the pictures of Conner giving Biruk his bottle.... that is priceless.. I can't wait till our baby arrives as I know there will be lots of helping and priceless moments with the girls and the baby..
ReplyDeleteSooo glad that things are going better in the sleeping departement.. it makes for much better days doesn't it ?
Lisa
I am soooo glad things are going better! Biruk put on 3 pounds, wow! Love the pick of Conner giving Biruk the bottle. Have fun with you sister!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the picture of Conner feeding his baby brother!!It's Saturday, and wonderful weather,have a great time with your sis!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the new pics, the post (hilarious turd story) and new layout. waaaayyy too good looking of a family!
ReplyDeleteUh, the fact that you picked up a turd with your bare hands and didn't mind... IS disturbing. You wanna come to my house and handle turds for me? Please?
ReplyDeleteSOOO cute!! The boys are both so gorgeous!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't you love when they become little adults and start saying such big things.
I can't believe you had a turd just floating around! LOL