Sunday, April 27, 2008

Country Roads....

We had a great weekend with the boys and I have so much I could write about but I'm pooped. I know I haven't posted in a while so I'll explain what we did with pictures. We were out at the farm both days working our butts off and the boys were SO good! My lumberjack of a husband (and quite the cute one) cut down some limbs that were blocking our driveway. We cleaned out the garage (nearly empty), primed the exterior trim (some post and around the door), primed the well-house, the door to the basement and Nater pulled weeds. Our neighbor mowed and weed-whacked the lawn and it is absolutely beautiful! Needless to say we are so sad about having to sell the house. It's so darn pretty out there and so very peaceful.

Biruk is such a charmer. We are having a blast with him and you can tell he's attaching more and more every day. I love how his eyes dart around the room from mom, dad and big brother. It's like he's taking it all in and thinking "ahhh.... this is my family". He's TOO precious. His hair is getting so long and crazy. I'm not sure what I'll do with it.

Conner is great! He told Nathan to slow down today when he was driving on the interstate. Nathan responded by telling him he had to go the speed limit (with agitation) and Conner's words were "easy Dad, take it easy". The kid doesn't skip a beat. He is loving his little brother and has been wonderful.

As for me, I'm still pregnant. 31 weeks and 3 days to be exact. And surprisingly doing well! I am getting a handle on having two kids and in some ways feel so much better with two then I ever did with just one. I guess I've become more patience and more wise at handling things. Hubby has been quite the help and I think that makes a difference too. I love watching him with Biruk and Conner. I'm feeling better everyday and definitely more confident that I'm going to be able to handle three. Thank goodness. I'm not going to lie, the first couple weeks home I was sure I was in over my head. So for any struggling mama's out there - I can relate!

I'll leave you with some pics from our weekend.
C













10 comments:

  1. wow. you put our weekend to shame :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is hotttt. This ought to send Kip's bromance into overdrive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:26 AM

    I hope you are keeping your man happy. He is too good-looking to be ignored by other women. And he is a traveling salesman?! I'd keep a close eye on him! Watch out for any small lies like he says he's one place and you find out he's somewhere else. That's a dead giveaway! And I don't know who this "Kip" gal is, but I'd watch out for her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:18 PM

    the old house looks so good...i bet your sad to leave with the nice weather...cute pictures, can't wait till california

    poa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man your boys are so beautiful I can't stand it! And I'm glad to hear you've got the handle of two kids... right before you get your third, and your whole world will shift into CHAOS! But, a good chaos! :) Everything changes when you (the parents) become outnumbered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah-hah! Now we know where Karen's 1972 headband went!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nate looks so manly, that's so unlike him, jk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Okay I love that last picture! It looks amazing. You guys have done such amazing things to that house! It must be nice knowing you left it in such a better shape than when you got it, knowing you made something more beautiful is a good feeling.

    The boys looks SOOO cute!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable family. Beautiful, picturesque land. Efficient work being done. Is there anything, my dear, that you cannot do? I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The farm looks great!
    how about some more belly shots??? :) You are so dang cute girl. I am jealous. Pregnancy didn't do so much for me.

    ReplyDelete