This past Thus while out cruising around (our electricity had gone out and the house was terribly hot) we whipped into a car dealership lot and ended up driving down their "discount row". Sitting in front of me was a beautiful, silver, sparkling Chrysler Town & Country (2003). Keep in mind by this point we had practically ruled out minivans because every used one we had looked at smelled like the previous family that had driven it. Not to mention the fact that the seats usually looked worn and the carpets stained (shudder). But something told me this one was different (that something being the price tag). So we opened up the non-power sliding doors and it actually didn't smell and the seats/carpet were in excellent condition. We liked what we were seeing. At this time another couple came up to take a look at it and were going to test drive it. We stepped away from the vehicle and I was sure we had missed our chance. I got the vin number and we headed home to do some quick research. The van had only 76,000 miles and was a one-owner vehicle. Score! I called the dealership, it was still there and the lot closed at 8:00. We arrived by 7:45 to take it for a test drive. Anyway, liked the way it drove; it was quiet, everything seemed to work and it didn't pull one way or another. We were both happy and decided to see what they'd offer us for Nater's beloved Civic when we got back to the lot. They offered us the right amount for the civic to get us within our budget on the van and we made a deal. Poor hubby looked so sad since he was saying goodbye to his car that had taken such good care of him. He bought it 5 years ago with 12,000 miles and we were trading it in with 196,000 miles. There were a lot of memories that came with it. Memories and dents and bruises, missing hubcaps, severely cracked windshield, engine light that never shut off, a belt that squealed when you ran the a.c. and a handful of other "lovely flaws". We signed our papers and an hour later I was driving home our new T&C. It felt good. And I haven't looked back since. I have taken it out a couple times since and I'm loving it! I will not miss climbing to the back seat of the Forester and squeezing my hips in sideways between the two car seats to entertain the boys. Or crawling back there to get into the rear of the vehicle. With our sweet new ride and all the road trips we take I will walk myself to the back and get whatever it is I'm looking for. Woohooo!
Before you get too jealous I will disclose a few facts. No rear a/c (but it cranks out some killer cold air and you can feel it back at Conner's car seat), no CD player (how this is even possible is beyond us), no power doors (which I don't actually mind b/c they always seemed to take forever to open and I don't have time for that nonsense), and that is all there is worth mentioning.
I will leave you all with a picture of my silver bullet and you can all eww.. and ahh... and be jealous because I get to drive a minivan and you don't. If someone would have told me even one year ago that I would be driving one I would have laughed in their face. But now. Now I'm in love....
Chand,
ReplyDeleteWe need to get a "If the vans-a-rockin', Don't come-a-knockin'" bumper sticker. We are lame.
You two crack me up! Congrats on the van! We all gotta go sometime:) They are very handy with three! Like the color too. It will be great for when you visit us up north!
ReplyDeleteR
Woohoo! Road trip! Come on down to GA and meet your new friends!! ;)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on taking the plunge. We are going car shopping in the next few weeks. We'll see what happens!
:)
I bet the boys are going to love it.
ReplyDeleteSo all this time since you knew I was getting a mini-van, you were thinking I was lame. Who's laughin' now!
ReplyDeleteSlow down, Nate, I'm pretty sure you can't fit 4 car seats inot a mini-van without some serious logistical problems.
Woo Hoo! Welcome to the "Hot Mamas Driving Minivans" club!!!
ReplyDeleteI love our minivan. No regrets. It has saved me so many sore backaches I can't even begin to fathom life without it. Of course I look like a mom, but wth, I am a mom! Congrats.
ReplyDeletehe he he he.......
ReplyDeleteWe will probably be joining the minivan ranks within the week...who would have thought...
Hey Chandra- Where are the pictures with pink boas and Nate in tight little shorts like Jamie??? Come on, you get a van, you HAVE to show how hot you still are!
ReplyDeleteBetween you and I, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my van. Give her a good name and you will feel less lame.
Hey Nate- If the van is rocking, you are still way cool. Only old people never have sex in the car! Nothing like leftover cheerios and cracker crumbs on a naked bum. :)
You named it silver bullet???? Hee hee hee!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're going to love it come third carseat time. My advice: Teach Connor had to buckle himself in if you can. It will make your life SO. MUCH. EASIER.
ReplyDelete