The boys had a great day. Well mostly Conner b/c he was able to help dad fix the mower (self-propelled now works - no thanks to me), watch him mow, play in the sprinkler and draw on the deck with sidewalk chalk. We had a great day despite the 90 degree heat (thanks to some cloud coverage).
Sunday, June 08, 2008
It wasn't my fault....
So today Nater had the lawnmower turned upside down looking at the blade and belt. I had told him I thought the belt needed to go around another "thingy" and he argued it needed tightened (this is all beside the point). Anyway, he said to me "pull on it" as he had his hand tucked under the mower holding onto something. Keep in mind we have not used the self-propelled option in over 2 years so the only thing I EVER pull on the mower is the PULL starter. I said to him "give it a good yank, or just pull it lightly". I can't remember his answer but that should have clued him in right there that I was going to pull the starter. So anyway, I give it a yank and at the very moment he yelled something to the effect of "*$S%_# @(#)#". I just stared at him and he said, "the self propelled handle". Okay, the handle I HAVEN'T used in 2 years. And I don't exactly pull it so much as "engage" it. I told him I was done helping and went in the house. Because that is what any pregnant woman would do. She wouldn't ask if he was okay but instead would be annoyed that he didn't instruct her correctly. He came in later and we joked about his "papercut" he received from the blade spinning around under the mower and he wants to know who is in the wrong. So dear readers of mine, want to chime in? Disclaimer: we will not hold any grudges to anyone so feel free to answer honestly. But seriously, he's fine.
The boys had a great day. Well mostly Conner b/c he was able to help dad fix the mower (self-propelled now works - no thanks to me), watch him mow, play in the sprinkler and draw on the deck with sidewalk chalk. We had a great day despite the 90 degree heat (thanks to some cloud coverage).




The boys had a great day. Well mostly Conner b/c he was able to help dad fix the mower (self-propelled now works - no thanks to me), watch him mow, play in the sprinkler and draw on the deck with sidewalk chalk. We had a great day despite the 90 degree heat (thanks to some cloud coverage).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't believe you even have to ask. Nate is clearly in the wrong. First, what the hell were you thinking asking for help from Chandra in fixing the mower? Second, what the hell were you thinking involving a nine month pregnant ball of hormones in anything?
ReplyDeleteNate, I hope you learned your lesson.
Simply put, the woman is always right :)
ReplyDeleteYes, when in doubt the man is in the wrong. Always.
ReplyDeleteAnd as I was reading this post, I was all tense and waiting for a horrible blood-spurting, wounded husband story. Glad it's not one of those.
I would have stated my case sooner, but it is hard to type with thumbs only. I'm just glad I wasn't trying to adjust the belt with my face. Imagine someone standing in front of a shotgun and asking you, "pull that thing for me, please." Would you not ask before going right for the trigger? I need to go. I have to make alterations to all of my gloves.
ReplyDeleteInjured and Scared Husband
Actually, why are we all assuming this is an accident???
ReplyDeleteYou two crack me up! Cute pics!
ReplyDeleteWhen the words, " give it a good yank, or just pull it lightly" escaped Chand's mouth, I would have moved my hands. Nate's either wrong or an idiot. Take your pick thumb boy.
ReplyDeleteKeel
Wow! Well, you now know that you should rethink getting a job at Sears in the lawn mower repair section :)
ReplyDeleteWe have a friend whos husband lost a finger when his wife was helping him fix the mower, true story!
I would have to agree with you Chan, he should of explained exactly what he wanted you to pull, sounds like a dispute Kevin and I would have, except he would get too frustrated to finish and I would have to take over.
ReplyDeleteWomen are always right!
ReplyDeleteWhen are you gonna have that baby? Belly picture update please! LOL!
I think you're both kinda crazy - Nate for making the request and Chandra for actually thinking that's what he wanted. I was amused though.
ReplyDeleteThe woman is always right. Everyone knows that. Or at least they should.
ReplyDeleteOH man. I am with Chandra on this. The ONLY thing I "pull" on the lawn mower is the starter. I "move" or "engage" the self propell. I really think that you gave nate a good question with the yank thing.
ReplyDeleteHmm, When are you due?? Why are you playing with the lawn mower with two tinies and one soon to be here???
How are you feeling? Any good preggo pictures?