Fast forward 11 hours. The newest member of the family arrived at 7:33 a.m. Wed morn, June 11th. The baby was born after a fairly easy labor (nice and slow with actual breaks vs Conner's action packed labor) but an hour of pushing due to the fact that the baby was Sunny Side Up. That's right; the little stinker was facing upright and came out with top/front of his head crowning (oww..). But we survived and I am SO thankful it's over. We are smitten and completely surprised to find out we were having a BOY!!! A boy, oh boy. Crazy, crazy.... I was completely shocked but totally excited.
We are now blessed with three beautiful boys. Life is about to get REALLY interesting. We had him at home and everything went wonderful. Hubby is holding down the fort while I rest in bed. The boys are doing great with our newest addition (no name yet...) and I am soaking it all up. Here are some pictures of the little guy, weighing in at 7lb 9oz, 20 inches long and born just over 2 weeks early. He is doing great!
OOoohhhhh, Chandra, he's beautiful!! Mimi sent me pics earlier today and I was gonna email you, but decided to check the blog first to see if you had posted. And you had!! You diligent Mommy Blogger you!! Congrats congrats congrats! I'm glad everything seems to have gone well. Your boys are beautiful. And you're so totally outnumbered now. You might have to start working on number four soon so you can try to get a girl and even things up. JK!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, hang in there, have fun, etc., etc.!!
Congratulations!!! Wow! THREE BOYS! I am scared for you! Congratulations again and again!
ReplyDeleteOMG !!! I'm SOOOO Excited for you guys that he is finaly wtih you all. I LOVE the pictures of all three of them together !!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations !!!!!!
I only have a few more weeks go to and can't wait to see what we are having....
Will send you an email :)
Lisa
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Chan! It's a girl. It's a girl. It's a girl. Psych!
ReplyDeleteYou are so out numbered!
Hope all is going well! (And hope he's super easy.)
WOW!!
ReplyDeleteI had a feeling you were going to have a boy!!
He is a beauty and I am so glad that you had a (((somewhat))) uneventful delivery.
Congrats to all of you!
Good work momma!!
Congrats to all of you! I just woke up to Jameson screaming me out of his bed and thought I'd check the blog. What a shocker! It started out so innocently too . . . 'oh yeah, by the way, I just had a baby in my tub (guessing by the pics). Here I am taking his picture as he's coming out'.
ReplyDeleteSo I was not so far off to think you might have him at 37 weeks. With all the girl talk, I hope you weren't even a little disappointed.
Man, congrats, but sitting here with the twins at 6 months, Jameson restless all night from his strep, and me checking blogs at 2 am, I don't envy the amount of sleep you'll be getting soon.
Brace yourselves and good luck!
He's sooo cute!
ReplyDeleteHow amazing that you had him at home, then blogged about it on the same day...
stumbled on your blog a few weeks ago looking for Ethiopian adoption stories, couldn't believe you traveled to Africa pregnant! have been checking back regularly since. What fun you are going to have with three little boys so close in age...wow.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear the name :)
CONGRATS!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Way to be an amazing mom. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing blessing and gift. WOW!
Congratulations! You are such a lucky girl to be in a house full of such handsome boys!!
ReplyDeleteChandra, Nate, Conner, and Biruk
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new baby!!!!! He's a beauty but I wouldn't expect anything less. Hope all is going well. How about Harper????? I just heard that name and I think it fits. Can't wait to meet him and see you.
Bubba
Congratulations! He is just beautiful. I want to pick him up and smell that yummy neck of his. Just gorgeous. Glad it all went well. Rest up as much as you can!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything went well. Can't wait to meet the new member of the Homan Clan. Crazy!
Excited to meet him....
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. I don't know what else to say. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. The pictures seem worth thousands of words and tell such a beautiful story. Thanks for keeping us posted in such a timely and wonderful way. Congratulations! I'm so impressed by your strength and ability to do all these things you do with such grace and calm (or at least by your ability to spin it that way for your blog!) Seems like you are going to raise some fantastic men.
ReplyDeleteOh Chandra... I just dropped by your blog to see how you were doing and WOW!!! You had a baby! What an incredible blessing to have 3 boys. They will be best friends and you will have a BALL!!! I am so, so happy for you. Lots of hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery. Blessings...
ReplyDeleteOh My, Oh My, Oh My!!!! I wasn't expecting this, when I clicked on your blog tonight!!!! YIPPEEE!!! I'm so glad he came out healthy and you are doing well. I bet you're glad you went to the spa when you did!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you!!! Now go get some rest!
Chandra,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the baby! So impressed you have already introduced him the blog world!! As a mama of 3 boys, all I can say is love EVERY minute of it and buy LOTS of laundry detergent! It is a wonderful adventure!
Congrats!
OH MY GOSH! He is just gorgeous! Good thing, he will fit right in with the rest of you lookers. You are in for so much fun, I just know it. Congrats and much love to all of you!!!
ReplyDelete:)
Wahoo! A baby boy! You are so on your way to having a sports team :)
ReplyDeleteWhen are you going to try for a girl?? Congrats and he is beautiful!
CONGRATULATIONS! Wow, three boys - so much fun! I hope all are well. You have such a beautiful family! Can't wait to chat again soon.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Christina
Congratulations! Boy are you outnumbered now
ReplyDeleteCongrats! boy o boy are u gonna feel the testosterone in the house now:) glad to hear everything went well........I'm sure when we finally get to see him there will be so many stories to tell.........hello to the boys and have fun w/ur new addition!
ReplyDeleteOMG, I haven't been here since the 8th! Congratulations!! Have a name yet??
ReplyDeleteHe's so precious!!
Wow!
Wow, you miss a couple days and you miss a whole new person! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your beautiful baby boy! That is a lot of Testosterone!
ReplyDeleteas a mom of 5 5 and under, the older 4 all boys, boys are awesome. congrats and you will be great!
ReplyDelete