Monday, June 23, 2008

Busy, busy, busy. The boys are having lots of fun with G'ma and G'pa and mom and dad are loving the extra hands. They have been a tremendous help and we will be sad to see them go. Today I've had the boys by myself and it's gone surprisingly smooth. It should be interesting to see how it goes when it's just the five of us. The five us?? What?? Weren't we just a family of three. Wow!

The boys are great. Conner is doing wonderful as the big brother and him and Biruk are bonding even more now that Landon is here. They've been playing together really well and I appreciate the distraction for Biruk. Conner has been my little helper doing anything from getting diapers to wiping up spit up. He's too cute!

Biruk. Where to begin? The boy has a TON of energy. He's getting around the house with no problems and he's definitely going to be a lot more work than Conner. He likes outlets, computer cords and everything glass. I didn't have to childproof with Conner but we will definitely have our hands full with Biruk. As you can see in the three months since he's been home he's taken off in size. He went from 0-3 month clothing to 9-12 month clothing. And from 12 lbs to nearly 20 lbs. Not sure on height but he's obviously gotten taller. His feet are still so tiny. His hair is getting long and crazy. He's trying to pull himself up on furniture; he's such a strong boy. I have a feeling he'll be walking before 12 months. In the last couple weeks he's become quite the daddy's boy and cries for Nater until he picks him up. Too cute!

Landon, Landon, our sweet little babe. He'll be 2 weeks tomorrow morning and he's definitely already lost his newborn look. It didn't last long. He's also following in his big brothers footsteps as far as eating goes. He was 7lb 9oz when he was born, 7lb 5 oz at 36 hours and up to 8lb 7oz at 12 days. Not too shabby huh? He likes to be held and is a little squirmy in the evenings but we are crossing our fingers he doesn't have colic like Conner (screamed from 5-10 every night). Right now Landon's manageable in the evenings and we hope it continues that way.

Nater and I are doing well. This has been our smoothest transition of all the children, granted we have had help. I hope it continues to go well and the boys keep up the good work. Sorry for the boring update but that's the way it goes...

Funny story. My midwife was leaving last night when Conner returned with G'ma and G'pa. He walked in the house and said "did you have another baby mom"? We got a good laugh out of that one.














5 comments:

  1. Great pics! I am glad this has been an easier transition so far! Glad you have some help there. Steve is out of town this week but I will call you when he gets back and I can see straight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great update. I love seeing how things are going and growing. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby boy that Landon is. Now you have three of them!! Wowzers. Good luck with...everything. I wish we lived closer - I guess we had our chance and blew it, eh? Family reunion, anyone??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how amazing you are. Your boys are beautiful!!! Thank you for the update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:03 PM

    I like the picture of Conner and Tom.

    ReplyDelete