In saying that I guess I'll first give an update on our sweet babe Biruk! He is a fast learner and knows to wimper and cry to get mom and dad's attention. He loves to be held and has taken to sucking his finger again; especially when he is sleepy or cuddly. He has been eating some baby food over the past month which we were hoping would result in him sleeping through the night. Nope, not going to happen. He still wakes up every 3 1/2 to 4 hours to eat. Our little piglet. Speaking of which, he is quite the chunk and I swear he's getting bigger every minute. I will try to find a couple comparison pics (one in Ethiopia and one now). He is a sensitive guy and cries anytime Conner gets upset. He's already watching out for his big brother. He scares easily and if you startle him it often leads to tears. He loves to smile and is so easy to make laugh. He is a delightful baby and I'm so happy he is home!! More and more it's feeling so natural with him.

3ZF13C6YU2867843ZF13C6YU286784
Now, about this 4 weeks until due date. Eeekk!! Tonight I started making a list of items to get done before the baby comes and it didn't take long to fill up a full sheet of paper (and that's just the start of a list). I'm not a list person normally but I'm hoping I will be motivated as I scratch items off the list.
How's the pregnancy you ask? Well I have a case of the "itchies" all over my entire body every day and it gets progressively worse at night. So bad in fact that I have to keep an ice pack on my feet to numb them every time I wake up to pee or feed Biruk. My hours of actual sleep time are decreasing. Hubby helped tremendously this weekend by letting me sleep in for three. days. straight. That was spectacular. He's also been helping with the night feedings. Thank you much Nater!
What else is going on? I've turned into a total crabby *ss and it doesn't take much for me to be provoked and to completely fly off the handle (for instance, when my hubby thinks innocent lies are okay - ya know, that sort of thing). I will contribute all of this to the elevation in estrogen in my body from this little girl that's growing more and more every day (disclaimer: I have not had an ultrasound, I'm just very convinced we will be having a girl). Other factors may include; lack of sleep, horrid, itchy skin, a baby kicking my bladder every 2 minutes, peeing every 10 minutes and a handful of other things (ants, foul smells, mold, etc). So anyway, that should catch you up to speed on the pregnancy (don't I sound like a fun person to be around?).
Conner is great. He is still making me laugh several times a day. Today he informed me that he knew a bad word. I asked him what it was and a few minutes later I heard him in his car seat saying "shit. shit.". So we had a little talk about that and when he heard his dad say it in the car that night Conner said, "don't say that dad, it's a bad word". He's a fast learner.
The farmhouse has been on the market nearly 2 weeks with no hits. I emailed my realtor 2 days ago and of course we have not heard back from him (do I know how to pick um or what?). I'm hoping this is not a sign of things to come. I'm also shopping for a vehicle that will hold three carseats and enough cargo space for all of our road trips. I would love any suggestions. Safety is important and latch loc (for carseats, generally in all models greater than and including 2002).
Crabby, preggo woman needs to get busy. I have no idea how infrequent my blogging may become so don't forget about me....
Bless your heart! If pregnancy is your excuse for being a crabby A@@, then what is my excuse?!?!?!?
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to take care of you!
Biruk is a little doll. I can't wait to see him & Conner. It's four weeks, you'll make it. Soon you'll be back to kicking ass and taking names. Don't get me started on realtors, mine blew dogs for quarters. Worthless, worthless, worthless. Good luck with the annoying itching and have fun tackling that list. Don't go to crazy, you'll have help arriving soon and we'll need stuff to do.
ReplyDeleteKeel
Now everyone who reads your blog (hello, you two) will think I'm a foul-mouthed liar. Thanks a pantload. That's poppycock.
ReplyDeleteHow dare you speak of Saint Nate that way.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of the cars, we took the Odyssey down to Tennessee this weekend. With the five of us (three in car seats), loaded to the brim with food, clothing and baby gear, and driving the majority of the trip through the mountains, we still managed to get about 25 mpg (since it runs on three cylinders when you're cruising). We were packed, but managed to have a pretty comfortable ride down and back. After that trip, I'm leaning towards getting another Odyssey or a Pilot since they're putting the same engine in it and adding some additional cargo space.
Cute little preggi girl!!!Not much longer till new baby comes!How fun!!Oh, and hubby's bad words?...
ReplyDeleteJust click on his post name(your husband)...hee hee
Our hubbys sound pretty similar. Charlie has to scold Adam pretty often, too!
ReplyDeleteFOUR weeks!!! Amazing! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)
Good luck on car shopping! We are also doing that. Fun times....guess you are going with the minvan? I am tempted, but not totally convinced yet!
We love you and of course we won't forget about you!
Oy vey. I have no words for you, my poor pregnant friend. Except maybe good luck? Hang in there? Pathetic, I know.
ReplyDeleteHey Chandra - the kiddos look great! My, how Biruk is changing. Hope to hear that the farm has sold. I'm now two hours behind your time, but hopefully we'll have a chance to chat soon!
ReplyDeleteMove south! You will have a ton of great friends waiting for ya. I have a feeling our hubbies would get along, too. Cmon....you can use the poooool.
ReplyDeleteHeehee.
XOXO.
Awww, you are getting so close!!! Biruk is getting so big, what a doll. As far as minivans go we have a Sienna. We have the 8 passenger one, at the rate you are going you may need the extra seat:) We really like it! Not sure about gas milage though! Take care!
ReplyDeleteOkay...your DH's link cracked me up! Good Luck in this last 4 weeks!!
ReplyDeleteOMG!!! Nate's link is SOOO f#%^ funny!
ReplyDeleteAre you having baby number 3 at home??? That has to be lots of work to get ready for.
Hey, where are the preggo pics? I bet you are looking fab.
t
You're almost there! You know after talking last week and thinking about it, I did have some itchiness too. My hands itched, I believe, due to the swelling since I become the Pillsbury dough boy when I'm pregnant, and the soles of my feet itched but just in the shower (very weird). I'm all better now. See how soon we forget pregnancy woes!
ReplyDeleteI was already laughing really hard about your husband just having a profile that says "your husband" to leave you a comment, and protesting his portrayal as a foulmouthed liar. Then I got to the click on his name comment. Too funny. Forget about you? Never. I'll be obsessively checking for updates. Good luck!
ReplyDelete