Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm turning over a new leaf!

That's right. No more talk about Biruk's sleeping habits. I mean seriously, how boring it must be for all of you. I will tell you that the rest of the night went well. But that's it - NO MORE. I'm going to leave my whiny mode behind me and move forward. The sun is shining, it's going to be a beautiful week and I have a ton of things to do (including sell a house). With that, good bye cranky chatter and helllllooooooooo Chirpy Chatter! You all will hopefully find my happiness super annoying. Or my plan will backfire and I'll be back to my old self in no time. You never know with me!

What's on the agenda for the day? Eating LOTS of yummy food because I am feeling better and have 2 weeks of eating to catch up with. I have quite a bit in stock so I should be good to go! Also I plan on overhauling my room including moving all my winter clothes down to the basement. Nothing makes me happier than a clutter free, clean house. So I will keep my goal small today and start with that. Hopefully I will accomplish much more. One more FUN thing on my list for today is to order a double stroller online for the boys.

Attached are a couple pics from yesterday afternoon and this morning. I tell you what, Conner is quite the handsome fella but Biruk is just so pretty! He's constantly being called a little girl. I could eat him up! When we got our referral I was in love with Biruk, when picking him up in Ethiopia I knew how much I loved him, BUT these past 2 weeks home he's stole my heart. I've fallen quite hard for the sweet, smiley babe. And I hope the boys have too! He's become such a great fit for our family and is such a pleasure to be around. I just assumed I would love him just like Conner when we picked him up. But it was different. But every day I can't get over how much more I am in love with him. I'd better go now so I can scoop him up and give him lots of love! Thanks for being a part of our journey and for all your support these past couple weeks. I hope to return to my sarcastic self very shortly!




11 comments:

  1. Oh, those pictures make me want to scoop him up too. So cute!!! (the both of them!)

    Enjoy the de-cluttering. I just put away all the winter clothes today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Biruk looks alot like Truman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are adorable! I request a pic of you and baby Biruk together. :)
    And hey, if you need to vent about sleep, email me. I won't tell.
    Come help me declutter!!!:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son woke a lot as a baby. People told me it would get better. It was hard being patient, but it is so much better now! At 2 he started sleeping through the night half the time and now he's 2 1/2 and sleeps the whole night most of the time now. It is hard in the mean time though. My sympathy is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:40 PM

    Hi!
    I got your blog site from the CHSFS forum...This is the best sleep advice i have (i completely understand, we have a two year old bio son, who at first, was a TERRIBLE sleeper)
    BUY this book-"Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child"
    by ? Weissbluth
    i can't remember his first name, but it is a very helpful book. Because of that book, i regained my confidence and some resemblance of control over our lives.

    lots of blessings...
    Deb DesCarpentrie
    grantanddeb@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:18 PM

    seriously soooo adorable the pics of him and conner are so cute
    hope all is well

    poe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just when I think your kids can't get any cuter I am amazed, fyi, I was super excited to see you left me a comment, miss you bunches and hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, come on. We like the whiny sleepless posts. Makes us feel better about our own stage in life (which for me, is PAST the non-sleeping stage). Whine away, girlfriend. We can take it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've taken over your sarcasm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete