Monday, January 28, 2008

It's Monday....already?

Where did the weekend go? We were soooooo busy this weekend it was insane. Little Man fought his illness very quickly but has a few leftover symptoms (cough/congestion). I won't go into details as to why but we needed to have the rest of the house trimmed this weekend. So we were super busy. Saturday hubby bought the baseboard and painted all of it while I primed all the new closets and the ceilings (where the texture splattered). Then I painted 2 bedroom ceilings while hubby completed all the trim in Little Man's room. WOW! It's amazing how different it looks with the baseboard and the closet trimmed out. We made some quick dinner and watched 3:10 to Yuma. Great Movie!

Sunday started at 8:00 w/waffles, news and back to work. I painted one bedroom (ran out of paint so I'm going to finish that today) and also painted the bathroom. Hubby finished trim in both rooms. Again, it's amazing!! I love our house now. We also rearranged the king bed in our room so it now feels HUGE (keep in mind it's probably a 10x12 room). I also did laundry, cleaned my kitchen, vacuumed and who knows what else. I finally crawled into bed about 9pm and my whole body just ached. I'm not used to this physical labor. Wheww...

But, it felt so good to get so much accomplished in such a short time. And all I kept repeating in my head was "this is work you won't have to do once you get Biruk home". So that's my motivation. The more I get done now, the less I have to do later. It brings me so much peace. Today we are going to buy more paint and then we need to finish our bedroom, all of hubby's room and touch up the laundry room. And then we will officially be done painting. The deadline is Wednesday so the next two days will be busy but productive. This trim work was hanging over us since it was the last big project to tackle on the house. Once I get all of the rooms completed (hopefully in the next 48 hours) I will post before and after pics. Yikes. Brace yourselves because this will knock your socks off.

Off to the store for paint and passport photo's on the way. Yes we are procrastinators. We are expediting the passports so they'll be back before we travel.

Have a great Monday! I normally hate Mondays but we have so much going on I didn't even think about the fact that it was Monday today. We are getting ready for you Biruk!!!

7 comments:

  1. OMG!!I can't believe you hadn't gotten your passports yet!!! Can't wait to see pics of Biruk! Hey, i can drive over and see the real thing when you bring him home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you're finished painting at your house, do you want to come and finish working on mine? i'll babysit little man and biruk! i'll even pay for your gas to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Chandra! Can't wait to see pictures. Any updates on Biruk? ( Have I told you that is my favorite boy name and I knew the SWEETEST biruk in ET???)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to see the before and after pics. I love a good house makeover. But reading about all you did has made me exhausted. Do you think I can use that as a justification for taking a nap? Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my kinda weekend! I love fixing up the house. Can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutting it kinda close, aren't ya Chatter? Do you know when you're leaving?

    I saw you called the other night. I'll try to give you a call this weekend.

    ReplyDelete