Thursday, January 17, 2008
Don't talk on the phone momma...
Little man and I were lying in bed reading books when my phone rang. He says to me "don't talk on the phone momma". Mind you, I hadn't talked on the phone all day except to one sister for a mere 5 minutes. It was my mom so I answered it. So he punished me by climbing on me and bashing his 30 lb head against mine laughing uncontrollably. Finally I left the room. Then he followed me out to the living room only to pick up his sippy cup and dump his juice out on top of me. I quickly ended my phone call, put him in his crib and shut the door. This was followed by five minutes of "I'm sorry mom. I'm sorrrrrrrrrrrrry". So I went in there and he just grins at me; an extremely big 'I'm too cute to be mad at' grin and says "I'm sorry momma". What's a girl to do? He is now up playing with toys and wants nothing to do with me. It reminds me of his father...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice work, Conner. Way to keep Mom in check.
ReplyDeleteUghhh, kids are too smart for their own good. It's not fair when they are able to manipulate you before they are three. Mine does it at six months! I'm always telling Alex, "You're lucky God made you so cute..."
ReplyDeleteThat's funny! If you wanted him to play your game, he probably wouldn't wanna play...
ReplyDeleteThats a great story. My daughter told me this evening to put down the computer and then proceeded to close it on my fingers. I had only just gotten on.
ReplyDeleteWe are also adopting from Ethiopia. We have 5 bio kids and have decided to add to our crazy clan through adoption.
I enjoyed my visit to your blog.
Julie
Why do they ALWAYS do things like that when we're on the phone? I swear I hardly ever talk on the phone... then when it rings, they go absolutely crazy, wreaking havoc everywhere, then go back to normal once I hang up. Ugh! I feel your pain! ;)
ReplyDelete:) He is such a normal kind of kid! Don't you hate it! ha!
ReplyDeleteMy kiddos act up when the phone or computer come out. I have a 4 year old mooning my right now and a 3 year old kissing me. Guess they just want a smidge bit of attention every 2 minutes. That's not much to ask, right??
Little man is smar-rr-rr-t!
ReplyDeleteJamie
Wrapped around his little finger, you are.
ReplyDeleteAlso: "30 lb. head."
lolz