Monday, February 22, 2010

One of those (bad) days...

Life can't always be easy. If it were, I would not appreciate the "good" days nearly to the extent I do now. Today is one of those days that I'm certain the boys really are trying to make me crazy. The 4 year old is definitely testing his limits verbally, the 2.5 year old is perfecting his dramatic squeal after he is told "no" and the almost 2 year old thinks he needs to be attached to my hip all over again. No means yes in their ears and my angry face is a smile in their eyes. It's days like today that I try to be thankful for our health, warm home and running water. It's good to keep things in perspective :). That doesn't take away the screams, fighting and messes. So I'm shoving my mouth full of warm chocolate chip cookies out of the oven and dreaming about a getaway with my hubby that will not likely happen. No harm in pretending right? May tomorrow bring us sunshine and smiling faces...

8 comments:

  1. Man those days suck I'm glad I dont have to experience them to often hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) On those days I like to call girlfriends and vent. Then, pour a big glass of wine and make a list of what I have to be thankful for. May tomorrow be beautiful and full of sunshine that you can run in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the days.... : )
    Tomorrow will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, your only a day away...I love Annie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crate the kids and eat some Oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:36 PM

    Mmm Oreos, they make everything better. I hope today is going better.

    Keel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we did meet at the Queen! And, I'm pretty sure that we live really close to each other now! We'll be there Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know it is a day when you put yourself in a time out. They're so soothing.

    ReplyDelete