Friday, February 05, 2010

Beauty...

I am not at all gifted in the cooking department. I've made potato soup a few dozen times and yet it always turns into mashed potatos. My cookies are usually doughy or burnt. I always forget to use salt and the simplest of recipes I manage to screw up. Yet I continue to cook and bake. Nathan's mom has made this beef roll for us several times and finally I attempted it myself since I'm always craving it. Here is proof of my sad, pitiful attempt at cooking. You cut the dough and braid it. Isn't she lovely...

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 PM

    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. We are certainly sisters. Can't tell you how many times Bri and I have both looked at my masterpieces and said "I'm not eating that."

    We always crack up about it though and make fun of my mad skills for months.

    Keel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. Um. She's very caterpillar-like. Sorry. I am trying not to giggle. Really I am. She's quite special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahahahaha. I am not as nice as Carrie; there was no self-restraint attempted. I love it!!! Best looking beef-roll I've ever seen ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I had the same visual...a caterpillar! I bet she was delish though :-) And that is the best (and first!) beef roll I've ever seen. Keep trying, Chan--the boys never care how the food looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh honey. we are SO alike!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Hey Conner.... Tell Me if this taste good?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely need to rename this the Beef Caterpillar since I'm the 3rd in 7 comments to think the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:20 PM

    dude that is hilarious...that is why i stick with salads and sandwiches :)

    pity

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bottom photo kind of looks like a long skinny piglet with many many legs folded across it's chest. I jsut read the other comments after writing that and it totally is a beeferpillar.

    ReplyDelete