Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's one of those days...

where I am doing a whole lot of nothing and loving it!

I slept until 8:00 even though the boys were up and needed diapers changed and breakfast fed.

I snacked on oreos and drank coffee all morning.

I watched my boys play and took pictures.

I got the courage to call a blogger friend and I'm so thankful I did. Who knew I'd have so much in common with someone halfway across the country?

I read books to the boys while they ate lunch and made animal sounds with them just so they'd finish their meal without a fuss.

I skipped lunch and ate a big bowl of ice cream, topped with crushed oreos instead.

I am reading blogs.

I made the 2 bigs boys lay down for naps even though they probably won't sleep.

I'm daydreaming about a trip back to Ethiopia.

I'm enjoying the view out my bedroom windows.

The only housework I've accomplished is doing dishes and washing diapers. I felt the need to take the day off.

I have no intentions of changing the mood, it's just too perfect.

I am hoping the evening includes a warm bath, a good book and glass of wine.

How do you like to enjoy your lazy days?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing day!Mine has been the opposite but I am hopeful for tomorrow!
    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't know - never had a lazy day. OOHHH! A dig from the husband... Oh, sh#%! I'm supposed to be working.

    Check out my link...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you take away the washing diapers part, it sounds like a positively lovely day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh good grief; your lazy day is my every day. you do more than these things on a daily basis?!

    and your husband's link, hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. now THAT'S living!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that. Bad. I'm glad you got it. Thanks for the reminder that it's okay. You're like the gold standard in getting-shit-done and mothering in my book. I feel a day like that coming. Aldous is going away for a week without me and I might have more than one, come to think of it!

    ReplyDelete