We received our 171h in the mail today!! What a glorious, happy day. The weird part was that it is never on my mind when I get the mail and today I was reading on the forums about 1600a's and realized we should be getting our approval soon. So I walked across the lawn to our mailbox, slowly opened it and KABOOM (firecrackers) it was right on top. My stomach was in knots as I slowly opened the envelope to read the glorious words "your application has been approved". I didn't know I was going to feel so emotional. Yeah!!
Sorry for speaking adoption language in the above paragraph. For those of you who may be wondering 'what the heck is she talking about' we have just received approval from the US Citizenship & Immigration Services to adopt a child from Ethiopia. It's the last hurdle (aside from passports) that we were waiting on. It feels good and all the sudden has made this even more real. Wow!
Have a happy day everyone :)
Time to make a couple phone calls.
love, Chatter
I will celebrate for you tonight!!!! We didn't get our passports until the day we got our referral! :) Here comes a baby!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I can't wait for the new addition to the family!
ReplyDeleteWasn't it just yesterday that we were getting used to these two tubs of joy.
ReplyDeleteHi Chan! Congrats to you and Nate on the adoption. Those are pretty sweet pictures of him and Connor on that front page. Have fun guys.
ReplyDeletePhil Harkenrider
Congrats! When do you get the baby?
ReplyDelete