Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The mullet is gone!

Thank goodness! That's right folks; I had a mullet and I didn't even know it. I got out of the shower two night's ago and actually looked in the mirror for once and started laughing hysterically. I had a mullet and didn't even know it. Of course I asked hubby why he didn't tell me and he made one of his scary faces like he didn't want to offend me (and later said he hadn't noticed). I told him to always let me know that I have a mullet (he will never hurt my feelings). Why did I have a mullet you ask? Because my once, cute, attractive short cut had gone ugly! The top didn't grow out nearly as quickly as the hairs in the back (by my neck). So I had a butch cut up front and these long, scraggly hairs hanging along my neck. I would post a picture but it just wouldn't do it justice. That and I couldn't stop laughing so it didn't have the flare I was looking for. Oh well. That is now behind me. I will try to actually pay more attention to my appearance. And for those of you who know about my "incident" a couple days ago you can understand what people's opinions of me must have been. Eeek!



Little man FINALLY went to bed at a decent time tonight. I was able to quit singing around 9:10 pm. Almost an hour and 1/2 earlier than usual. After last night I badly needed it. Yesterday was a little ridiculous. I drove around with him for one full hour hoping he'd fall asleep; not my son. Then we came back to the room where he kicked me, smacked his head into mine or screamed out for another hour until he finally gave up (10:30 pm). Then he tossed and turned until 4:30 a.m. and fought sleep with me until 7 am.. What a night! I was cursing the hotel room for those 2 1/2 hours. Hotels and babies just don't mix. Today was a better day. We bought a bunch of freezer meals, waffles, frozen veggies you can steam in the bag, deli meat, bread, poptarts and other unhealthy food to replace eating out. I can not waste my money on another meal out. So we are microwaving food for the next week; woohoo! For any concerned parents or advocates for little man; he is eating jars of healthy, not so yummy, baby food. And an occasional snack. And I won't deny the fact that he has added "candy" to his vocabulary. One thing we have discovered is the kid is not picky. He'll eat anything from vegetables to Mexican food (dipping his chips in salsa over and over again).

Life is good! Sorry for those of you unfortunate enough to have to listen to my "venting" on the phone. Thank You; you are keeping me sane!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, a mullet! You are a strong woman to admit to it. I had the same discovery about 3 weeks ago.
    Don't worry about eating badly for a short time. You will love the memories later...much later.

    ReplyDelete