Now, where have I been the last couple weeks???? My brother Lee (from California) came to visit the weekend of the 29th and helped us around the house. We had lots of fun and we accomplished the rest of the plumbing for the kitchen/laundry and laid a new subfloor in the kitchen and the biggest thing of all was getting the AC up and running. Thank goodness b/c it was hot last week! Thank you Lee for all your hellp!! Little man still talks about "uncle Lees". Lee left Sunday and Monday my little brother Trent arrived. So for the past 1o days I have had his help and company. I've enjoyed the extra hand and someone to help watch little man. While he's been here we have painted nearly the whole house, finished some wiring, cleaned up outside and made several trips to the stores (home depot, lowes, etc). The house is finally coming together after much hard work. We had lots of late nights the last couple weeks but soon we will be able to relax for an evening if we want to. Here are some updated photo's of the house and my brother's visiting.
I will post an update soon regarding our adoption. It's on my mind a lot but this house has been a huge distraction. Two months have passed since we were "officially waiting" and I know December will be here before we know it.
Here are the photo's. Enjoy! I hope everyone had a spectaculor 4th of July!
There are two things you'll notice in little man pics; I dress him in the oldest, grungiest clothes for him to get dirty, wipe paint on and anything else he has touched with his little fingers AND he has drool all over the front of his shirts. Not only has he been living in a hotel for the past month, but teething at the same time :)
Little man taking a water break.
Little man spilling his water for the fun of it for the 100th time.
This happened right before my eyes. A simple "NO" did not suffice. The paint was just to rich and creamy to pass up. He stuck his foot right into it and ran off before Nathan caught him.
His $5.00 croc cheapie's have served us well.
Little man and "Uncle Lee's"
Testing out the new subfloor!
Two goofballs working on plumbing together. I think Nathan had a lot more fun working with Lee than being stuck with me. I don't blame him.
Lots, and lots of primer. My fingers are finally returning back to normal after priming and painting for 2 weeks straight.
Nathan and Uncle Trent letting off firecrackers for little man. He loved the color smoke bombs.
My little "blue eyes"
This is the original brown I'd painted it but it was too much. The paint was the higher gloss 'kitchen/bath' paint.
This color is much more calming.
PEEK A
Helping dad :)
Tearing the chewed up, termite damaged plywood up (which will now be hardwood). Thanks for your help Trent!
The tile we chose for the kitchen, laundry and bath.
A short, but wonderful visit with Patty and Salim. Thanks for stopping!
Little man loves Maggie!
Sorry for so many pictures. But seriously, who doesn't like photos?? Hope you enjoyed!
man the house looks so different...compared to when i was there, can't wait to see the end result
ReplyDeleteYay...it looks like it's really coming along! Can't wait to see more pictures once the floors are done. Hang in there; you guys are almost there!
ReplyDelete