Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just Overheard

While giving B & L a bath Landon gave Biruk his buckeye and said "here ya go, this is your favorite color". Biruk asked what color it was and Landon responded with "buckeye" vs brown. Landon then said to B "Buuukee, what color are you?". Biruk replied "I'm brown". Landon said, "That's a nice color." He then proceeded to tell Biruk that he (Landon) was blue. Biruk said "no, your yellow Landon". And Landon said "yep, and Conner yellow, and dad yellow, and mom yellow.". I was smiling listening to this conversation and then Landon had to say "Yep and I like mom's bibbles (nipples) but not dads because his bibbles are hairy". Umm.. okay.

I love the conversations between the boys regarding their skin color. I love the innocence, the thoughtfulness and bond between them!

3 comments:

  1. love this.

    you've got awesome nipples. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:23 PM

    He takes after his mother, in many ways! Too funny.

    Keel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I overheard a conversation in the bathtub in which Aster explained to Ruth that she has skin on her body. It's brown because she is "denha nen." "Dehna negn" means "I'm fine" in Amharic but Aster calls everything Ethiopian "denhanen" No matter how many times I correct her, she's denanen.

    ReplyDelete