They've been mistreated, scratched repeatedly, twisted and even bent by my children.
This past Thanksgiving we hit the road for California.
We had a lovely time and started the journey back to Oklahoma.
And since I despise wearing my contacts I of course ended up wearing my glasses for the extremely long car ride.
I decided to get a little shut eye and removed my glasses.
Five minutes later the boys needed me and since I've got pathetic eyesight I reached for my glasses so I could turn around and talk to them.
And that's when it all began.
I was reaching every where but they were no where to be found.
I pushed my foot onto the floor so I could turn around to face the boys and that's when I felt something crumble beneath my feet.
I dreadfully felt the floor and picked up my glasses, now in 2 pieces.
Thankfully they busted across the nose piece so I was able to salvage them with some duct tape.
Fast forward to one month later when my hubby shut the bathroom drawer with my glasses upright and they busted yet again.
My suspicions told me that he did it on purpose so he'd never have to see me in my duct tape glasses ever again.
Fast forward three more weeks of wearing nothing but my contacts from when I rise out of bed until I close my eyes for the night.
And then I was given the best birthday present EVER.
And my hubby proved my suspicions to be wrong.
True love at its best.....



This makes me smile. :)
ReplyDeleteAre those...prescription safety goggles?! Buauauahahahahaha. Love. It.
ReplyDeleteThat is AWESOME! te he he
ReplyDeleteThey aren't just Rx safety glasses - they're homemade Rx safety glasses! Safe and stylish. Happy birthday, Chand. Now please make yourself an appt with the eye doc!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Nathan
Happy Birthday, Chandra!!! What a sweet husband...and get to that eye doctor, Chandra. You'll thank yourself for it :-)
ReplyDeleteI probably couldn't love either of you more than I do right now.
ReplyDeleteHow has your blog not been on my google reader? I know I had it there before. hmmmm. I'm just now catching up and think this post is hilariously funny. You are funny Chandra - apparently your husband is as well! :)
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh. those are hiddeous.
ReplyDeleteit had to be said.
go cute girl.
fly like the wind and get new ones. and good for your hubby.
;)