Sunday, March 22, 2009

Memories...

One year ago yesterday we met Biruk for the very first time. 5 families from our agency had to wait in a room and one by one we got to meet your little babes. Of course, we were the last one picked. They video taped the meeting and took some pictures so that is why we had to do it one by one. I still remember walking into the room and meeting him for the first time, in the arms of a nanny. He was so tiny. I knew he was little because his weight was only 12 lbs but he looked so proportioned in his pictures. You could hold him on the upper half of your torso and his petite body would snuggle up on your upper chest and shoulder. Which actually worked out quite well since I was nearly 6 mos pregnant at the time. He was breathtaking. Such beautiful features and the tiniest nose I'd ever seen. Everything about his was tiny (except his eyes). When he smiled his whole face lit up. And I'll never forget seeing and touching his gorgeous, dark, smooth as silk, skin for the first time. I had never felt such soft skin in my life. It was such a different experience then seeing Conner, or Landon for the first time. We were finally meeting this little guy that I had been thinking and praying about for over a year.

And the nannies were so in love with him. It was so evident. We only got to see him for an hour and Nathan and I just kept passing him back and forth. It was so hard to say goodbye that first day. We were not allowed to have our camera in the care center but here are some pics from later in the week. My brown eyed Birukee beauty...



6 comments:

  1. Happy One Year!! It is great isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Happy Day! Congratulations, you guys, on year numero uno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has it been a year already? Sheesh. Time is flying by. And your baby boys are still adorable. Imagine that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Chandra... I remember writing to you so frequently right before your trip and being SO HAPPY when you got to ET. What a beautiful anniversary. He is so dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy one year!!!!! I can't believe how time flies. :)
    Look at all a year has brought you.

    ReplyDelete