Today feels like a Monday. It's not, but it feels like one. I am surrounded by mounds of laundry, the kids are still a little off from the holiday weekend, the dishes need unloaded from the dishwasher, the house needs dusted and swept and there are still some groceries that need put away from last night. The Christmas cards are waiting to be started and I still need to order a photo or two to slip in the cards. We leave for Florida in less than 4 weeks so I'd like to find a portable DVD player for our 2600 mile round trip (any suggestions). And I haven't picked up any Christmas presents yet. Not that it's really a big deal because we give very few gifts. Last year each of the boys got a sword from us. That's it. A $10 sword. And this year we still plan on keeping it small. I'd like them to be something they can take on the car ride since we are leaving Christmas day. Again, any suggestions? Maybe some new books or a toy. But they get so bored with toys in such a short time.
And the other challenge that faces me this month is losing a few pounds. I managed to gain about 8 lbs since September so I'm kicking it into high gear this month to see if I can shed a few of those pounds. I told myself for the next 3 weeks I need to work out 5 x's a week. No pop, beer or eating out. Also, NO sweets. We'll see if I can stay true to that. There will be a couple exceptions of course, including when we go to KC for hubby's work party we'll eat out and their is a cookie exchange with my moms group and I will definitely partake in that. But whatever the case, it will be better than my current candy intake (a box of dots in one sitting Friday night, followed by a box of mike n ikes Sat night and a little more here and there). Something else I'd like to improve on is reading the labels. There are a few things in our pantry that I know need to go but I've been cooking with them for so long. Slowly but surely we'll get there.
The sun is shining and the sky is beautiful. Hope you are all having a great day!!
good for you - best of luck with your new diet challenge
ReplyDeleteafter i biked all day yesterday when i returned i piged out on junk food
poe
Hey Chand:) good luck with everything...diet, gifts, trip, etc! I've been doing pilates and LOVE it. Still can't kick the junk though. i blame u HAHA
ReplyDeleteumm...gift, what about a book that reads to them. i think it's a Leapfrog when they run the pen over it reads aloud ?? i dont know :)
niki
Damn Chan you have the bar set high for your new diet....yikes! Why skinny moms like you and Am think your fat and need to lose weight. I've never been able to understand.
ReplyDeleteHayley, not once did I say I thought I was fat, so please don't assume things. I'm carrying more weight then needed for my size and I know I need to drop a few pounds. You'll understand one day (when you actually weigh more then 100 lbs). I think you know me a little better than that.
ReplyDelete