Sunday, November 29, 2009

So hang a bell for ole Saint Nick

'Cause I believe in Santa's cause.

This is the first year we've ever put up the Christmas tree this early and I don't think I'll have any regrets. The scent of pine needles has filled the air and the tree has transformed the Thanksgiving holiday into the Christmas season. We headed out this morning to get a tree after our wonderful company departed for home. After arriving at the store I soaked in the aroma of pine needles while we checked out the trees; holding them up straight to examine their branches while I checked the firmness of them to make sure they would hold our heavy ornaments. We found the perfect short and thick tree to fill with lights and all of our ornaments. When we left the store we were greeted with a cold, wet rain. I told Conner we would pretend it was snow to make it feel more like Christmas. When we got home Nathan trimmed up the stump and voila, it was ready to go. Conner helped me hang the lights (and since then hasn't stopped asking when we'll hang the ornaments) and Nathan popped some chocolate chip cookies in the oven (I keep frozen dough balls in the freezer). I've placed the tree trimmings throughout the house so I will be greeted with the smell of pine when I enter a room.

We are so fortunate to be able to do these things with our boys. Our 3 healthy and thriving boys. Lots to be thankful for... (including this little man who desperately wants to hang up ornaments - better run).

2 comments:

  1. Dude, Biruks hair is crazy and I wish we had a real pine tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're sooo big! And Biruk's hair looks terrific, good job mommy!

    ReplyDelete