My little sister (by little I mean 23 years old) just passed through town for a visit. It was so much fun and when she pulled out of the driveway this morning it was so hard to let her go (why must my siblings live so far away?). I kept coming up with reasons to delay the leave ("don't you want a bagel, maybe a pbj") taking advantage of any distraction I could find to stall her. But alas, she had to depart for her next destination (siblings is CO). And the day has been Full of Funk. It doesn't help that the past 2 days were full of heavy, deep movies that don't leave your mind (Away From Her, Love Story, Candy, Imaginary Heroes & Crash). It's just one of those days. Nathan is traveling again and whenever he is away he's missed terribly by myself and his little guys. The boys were extra cranky today and my heart felt heavy (not for myself - but imaginary characters from movies, water for Africa and some of my family).
But tomorrow is another day. One that will hopefully start with a sun that is shining and 3 boys that are smiling.
Blah. I wish we lived closer. Today was one of those days for us, too. I'm thinking, if only we were neighbors, we could throw all the kiddos into one room (think pit of vipers) and relax with some lemonade (perhaps spiked with something guaranteeing immunity to viper bites). Sound good?
ReplyDeleteI think the colder, darker weather contributes to it. Each day here the walls feel closer and closer and closer...
ReplyDeleteI hope I make it to Spring.
Wish I lived closer too. Then when are hubby's were out of town we could just throw the kids in the attic and watch movies and drink wine together. :) Maybe that's what we'll do one of these days anyway!
ReplyDeleteHugs.
Thanks guys. Christina & Tesi, how wonderful would that be if we were neighbors? You know my opinion - come on down! OKC is very affordable and we have an Ethiopian adoptive group. You can live with us! In the meantime we really need to plan a get together.
ReplyDeleteJames, I agree, this shit weather doesn't help a bit. The kids and I aren't getting our sunny outdoor time and I'm sure it's not helping.
We will survive!
Ugh, just having my husband out of town is enough to throw me into a funk! I like the ideas set forth by Christina and Tesi--how crazy would ALL our kids be together ;)
ReplyDeleteCut pic Chand. I can't wait to see the kids.
ReplyDeleteKeel
Awwww! They look so precious!
ReplyDelete