His independent personality is still going strong. He'd rather do things under his terms. He still likes to back into people when he wants attention but now runs into dad's arms when he leaves for work. He needs his security doll less and less when he's upset while our presence calms him down more and more.
His beauty is undeniable. And his eyes. Those big ole, beautiful, brown eyes. They light up when he smiles. I saw it the time he smiled in Ethiopia when meeting him for the first time. And I still see it when I look at him and every single picture of him with that big grin on his face. And that is my dear Birukee. He is an onery little shit but he knows he can fix everything with that darling smile of his. And as soon as you start to scold him he says "hi mama" and bats his eyes at you.
I always worried I'd be sad for the moments I didn't have with Biruk (his first six months of life) but I don't feel that way at all. While I'm sad for the tradegy and trama he has endured, I am grateful he was surrounded by people who loved him. And I am so very grateful that we get to watch these eyes shine for many days to come. I love ya Birukee!




He is a cutie pie. I can understand how hard it would be to tell him no.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that you worried about missing out on his first 6 months, but that you don't feel now like you grieve that. As we are (still) contemplating an ethiopian adoption, I feel like I am holding back because of how much I will miss of his/her early months. I appreciate your honesty now being on this side of things.
ReplyDeleteHe is a cutie- he looks like he is a wise soul.