Fast forward to this weekend when Nathan & I were hoping to get some work done around the house. Every time we attempt this we end up getting frustrated because the boys require so much attention and neither of us want the "babysitting" role. Most weekends are spent as a family and we hang out with the kids. But when we have a mission (in this case caulking and painting trim) we tend to get focused and at that point we wish we had a babysitter. I wanted to be the one working (which Nathan thankfully let me dive into painting trim). And then I feel guilty for so desperately wanting to get away from the kids. And then I feel even more guilty when I get angry at them for being so needy and clingy. While discussing these feelings with Nathan he said to me "Chand, a lot of people couldn't handle this every single day." And he's right. Maybe I'm not always as patient as I should be, or as nuturing as I'd like, and I definitely do not always make the best decisions but I am doing the best I can. And hopefully not screwing them up too much :)
Oh honey, been there - done that. Those are hard days you are in. Just hang in there - they do get better, easier, and much more fun. You're doing great. Don't be so hard on yourself!
ReplyDeleteLove the post and the pics.... that is exactly what life is about Chandra.....having three small children, I know exactly what you are going through and so love our chats :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
you are an awesome mom - don't forget it :)
ReplyDeleteI will have to agree with pity, you and nate are great parents, and be glad you have them all. Aunt Marcia
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have had a day in the last 6 yrs that I haven't been touched. I want to just scream some days.
ReplyDeleteThree kiddos is hard. I now have a 19 yr old that is desperate for touch and love and is clinging if the littles aren't.
YOU are an amazing mom. Forgot to write that. Are you and Nate scheduling date nights???
ReplyDeleteDon't be hard on yourself :-) Having the 24/7 Mom job is really tough! Especially when you have to enlist help just to grab a break. Projects too can be challenging because the kids sense you don't have time for them and become more needy than ever! Why is that???? Do not feel guilty for wanting a few minutes alone. You are used to being independent and doing things on your own time and your own way. Accept help...it is why kids have 2 parents...it is too big of job for just one person! Aunt K
ReplyDelete