-Last Tuesday I got the call that my gpa died. (it was expected at 92 years old and my dad had just visited and warned me that it was possibly approaching)
-Wednesday drove home with just Landon while hubby took off work to stay home with older boys. Picked up sister from airport and arrived at my folks at 10pm
-stayed up visiting with siblings. Spent a couple hours playing with iphoto. Many laughs as a result.
-Thursday 2 more sisters arrived and visited with them. Stopped by in-laws and left Landon. Went and watched movie with all of my sibs and parents. return to van to find a dead battery. Gave dad my jumper cables (compliments of my bank). My dad asked "where did you get these? Mcdonalds?" Cheap jumper cables would not jump battery. Found second set in back of van. Jumped van but vehicle still acting crazy. Went to auto store and had them check alternator. Bad alternator, bought new one. Dad came back into town and followed me home. My dad changed my alternator in 1hr15min (night before his dad's funeral). Big thanks to my dad. Test drove van, but it was still acting crazy. Postpone until next day. Late dinner with family.
-Pleaded with my siblings to go to bed so I could sleep. I don't like to miss anything so I stay up as late as everyone else does. Finally went to bed around 2 a.m. and missed out on more girl talk.
-5a.m. Friday woke for funeral. Showered and got ready. Woke Landon at 6 for bath and left for funeral at 6:30.
-Drove to Ohio. Reunited with family I haven't seen in a few years. Said g'bye to Gpa at funeral home. Set off my sisters car alarm in parking lot while trying to get Landon to sleep.
-Funeral mass and burial. Lunch. Back to cousins. Wrote thank you cards and visited with family. Said goodbye.
-Drove back to Indiana and laughed all the way (tired and slap happy).
-Dad went and picked me up new battery and van fixed. thank you!
-Bed by 11:30.
-Saturday chilled with family, visited in laws and stayed up waaaay too late.
-Sunday, my sweet mother in law offered to ride back with me and stay the week and then fly home on Friday. Yeah! Speedometer temporarily quit working. Thankfully 1 hour into drive home it started working again. Yeah!
-Came home to incredibly clean house (including hardwood floors and bathroom). thank you honey!
-Monday, got groceries with Biruk while Jeanne babysat and Nathan and I took Conner to a movie while Jeanne babysat again. Fun times!
-informed by hubby after movie that renters (out at farmhouse) want to break the lease and move out.
-sat on floor for an hour feeling sorry for self.
-drank 2 beers and decided it could be worse. much worse. slap myself for being a baby. life goes on. Figure out stupid farm house later.
-11:12 pm conclude this hasty update and get some zzzz's. Say thanks for all the wonderful blessings in my life!
It was so good to see you and catch up on Friday! I am really excited now for the wedding :) Your blog is great!
ReplyDelete(sorry this is kind of an awkward comment, I suck at commenting but I really am enjoying your blog!)
That sucks ass. I'll give you a call today if there are any moments of relative sanity.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your blog!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the vehicle issues...sometimes cars just stink.
I too never make witty comments, but in the spirit of not being a voyeur I will at least let you know I visited!
It was great seeing you and we are looking forward to the wedding. Love, Aunt Kathy
I'm with James on this one, sometimes life just sucks ass. YUCK. At least you got to laugh with the sisters and (I missed all the laughing). I'm very jealous that Nate cleaned the house. Very, very jealous.
ReplyDeleteKeel