Thursday, July 16, 2009

fits like a glove...

Biruk usually wakes up 1 or 2 nights a week calling for us. And once you go in there he will not lie back down. And for fear of him waking the others and because I love any opportunity to snuggle with Biruk he gets scooped up and brought to our room. And then the most wonderful thing happens, he snuggles himself up on my chest ands stomach and falls back asleep. And I get to lie there, his body fitting perfectly against mine, soaking in all his beauty. I rub his unbelievably soft skin, play with his tight ringlets all over his head and squeeze him tight. All the while, so grateful for his presence. Biruk is definitely my least snuggly boy. He will fuss throughout the day and hold his arms up to be held but when you pick him up he doesn't collapse in my arms and snuggle. But then at bedtime the cuddler in him comes out and I try my best to soak it all up. As I type this letter I can still feel his petite, soft, precious little body of his snuggled up with mine. A feeling and memory, I hope I never, ever forget.
Love ya Birukee

2 comments:

  1. That is incredibly wonderful! I'm a softy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too sweet....my favorite with my kids too

    ReplyDelete