Sunday, July 26, 2009

For the love of books...

Conner has always loved books. When he was just a few months old he would sit on my lap and read story, after story. After he turned 1 and was talking he was memorizing books. And over the past year I've found him with a stack of books, flipping page after page, book after book. I love it!

Biruk on the other hand took a little longer to appreciate them. I think it was around 10 months when he finally would sit still long enough for a quick read. And slowly, he's learned to enjoy them as much as Conner. And now I find Biruk, sitting with Conner, a pile of books between them.

And the littlest of all, has loved them for only one reason; to pull them all off the bookshelf. I take that back, 2 reasons. He used to enjoy eating them. But something happened today. He kept bringing Nathan book, after book, to read to him.

Finally, I have 3 little boys who enjoy reading time. I couldn't be happier. And today I got to enjoy this view...

(3 little boys, reading with their dad)

4 comments:

  1. And what were we reading you ask? William Powell's The Anarchist Cookbook. It's hard to come up with meal ideas for these boys everyday! And this book was no help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite possibly my favorite picture of all time. I love #2's hands and the tilt of #3's head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. It is hard to get three kids to sit and listen. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:51 PM

    sooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete