For those of you who haven't read my previous post I am going private. And I feel I need to explain creepy craigslist guy. Here's the deal. We still have our remodeled house on the 40 acres. We just had it surveyed and we are hoping to sell some of the land. (Currently we are renting it out since we couldn't sell it last year). Anyway, I saw an ad on craiglist where some guy was looking for land. Since we are hoping to sell some of our land I replied saying we had acreage available... blah... blah... blah...
Here are his responses:
email 1
Hey!!!!
Yes call me xxx-xxx-xxx ... i dont usually go to bed till 12:30 or 1:00
I would like details! thanks! (harmless right?)
email 2 (8 minutes after the first one)
Well if you dont check your email till tomorrow please call me ASAP!!! 18.7 acres would be perfect for what we want! Again my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx ... please call me once u get this (starting to seem a little strange - why the urgency)
email 3 (17 hours later)
LOL still waiting for you to call!! xxx-xxx-xxxx
email 4 (22 hours after the first email)
If you can Chandra please give us a call wether or not the land is still available..
Call or email us ASAP my numbers are xxx-xxx-xxxx CELL or my house is xxx-xxx-xxxx
or email xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com ..... anyway we are still waiting to hear from you... let us know one way or another ... i dont usually go to bed till around 2:00 in the morning so i'll be waiting for your call
thanks!
Somewhere after email 2 or 3 I realized his name sounded familiar. So I searched my inbox and found an email from December from him. It's when we had our home listed on craigslist and this guy had emailed trying to "sell" his aunt and her real estate company. Told me I should at least call and give her a try instead of selling it by ourselves. And that he had remembered our previous real estate agent and that we had a cute house and property. WHAT THE ????? Strange huh. So immediately this alerted me into thinking maybe this guy was just looking for another client for himself or his aunt. However, what a strange way of doing so. After the 4th email I decided to send him a reply:
Hi xxxxxx,
What would you like to know about the property? It's 18.7 acres and we are asking $xxxxx(firm). Do you have any questions in particular about the property?
Thanks,
Chandra (this was sent last night)
Tonight I was greeted with the following emails from him.
Email 5 (5 min after I sent the previous response)
Can i call you??? I'm seriously interested
Email 6 (10 min later)
whats your number so i can call you? We are looking to buy really quick
thanks
xxxxx (finally signed his name) (wouldn't he have SOME questions for me at this point?)
Email 7 (40 min later)
Chandra,
Do you have a cell phone or house phone number i can CALL you at??
We are really interested in looking at the property
Thanks (why does he want my phone # so bad?)
Email 8 (capital letters is considered screaming right?)
CHANDRA,
I've EMAILED YOU LIKE 7 TIMES.... IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT SELLING THIS LAND PLEASE GIVE ME A NUMBER SO I CAN CALL YOU PLEASE.... IF YOU AREN"T SERIOUS ABOUT IT THEN LET ME KNOW SO I CAN MOVE ON... I"M TIRED OF WAITING AND I"M GETTING UPSET.. I"VE GIVEN YOU MY NUMBER LIKE 5 TIMES SO THAT YOU CAN CALL ME AND I STILL HAVEN"T HEARD FROM YOU.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE REALLY SELLING THE LAND
(creepy, creepy, creepy).
Email 9 (yes, a ninth email. crazy huh)
Ya i cant find your property in the country records, i had a realtor try to find this property. IF YOUR A SCAM then why r u wasting my time?????? If your real give me your NUMBER??? I've asked like 10 times
(that was the last one at this time)
So I am getting bombarded with these emails and I don't know why but they send chills down my spine. I know this guy has no connection with my blog and there should be no way for him to connect the 2 but it's a reminder of all the scary people out there. I don't want to worry about that stuff anymore.
In regards to the emails, what do you guys think? Seriously, what the hell does this guy want. If he's interested in the property you would think he'd actually have some reasonable questions (i.e. - where is it located?). I have not replied to his latest attacks and I don't intend to. And I will definitely not call him for fear of him having my number (or name).
That being said, this blog will officially be in lock down next week. I have sent out invites to anyone that has contacted me so far. You need to accept the invite and if you don't have a google account - you will need to create one.
Off to lock my front door now :)
weird.
ReplyDeleteHe sounds a bit off. Craig's list itself is a bit creepy. Don't sweat it though. If it were me, I would just make something up to get him off my back.
ReplyDeleteHmmm,
ReplyDeleteMaybe he wanted to hear your voice to decide if it was sexy enough to buy your land.
Some people on craigslist are crazy.
I love craigslist and use it a lot, but yeah, you do have to watch out for the crazies. I think this guy definitely qualifies.
ReplyDeleteCreepy, indeed. Thanks for the invite! Can't wait for our next get-together!
ReplyDeletevery strange....
ReplyDeletevery weird and creepy
ReplyDeleteCRAZY!!! Make sure you let me know of your new blog. tesileagh@hotmail.com.
ReplyDeleteUm wow...
ReplyDelete