Thursday, May 28, 2009

Watching the world...

The weather has been gorgeous lately. We've been leaving the windows open all day with a cool breeze blowing through the house and it's even gotten a little chilly at night. Unfortunately the hot weather will be here in full force tomorrow. What better way to enjoy the last cool evening than having a fire and make s'mores? We got the 2 little ones to bed and then told Conner about the "surprise". He couldn't have been happier. And 3 smores later we need to burn some of his energy so he played around the backyard with his tricycle. After the tricycle he snuggled and we watched the fire while he talked my ear off. When I suggested we'd better go inside he said "I just want to relax. I just want to watch the world". He continued to say "watch the world". I loved it! Just those words coming out of a 3 years olds mouth. So innocent and sweet. When we went inside to get cleaned up he asked Nathan if he wanted to watch the world. Nathan said he'd been watching it for 30 years and Conner's response was "I've been watching the world for 3 years dad".

Here are a few pics of his chocolate face and his new wheels.




4 comments:

  1. So sweet! Aren't the oldest kiddos so amazing. ( younger are sweet and fab, but oldest have a special something)

    Hey Nate,
    hope your havd is feeling better. you are a good man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might have the most intuitive, sweetest little 3-year-old I've ever met. You are so blessed. One might call him an "old soul." And, me being the oldest and all, I would have to agree that the oldests do have something special...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about the things Connor says. He is so insightful. If he sees and understands this much at 3, wonder what he'll understand at 10... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so sweet. I can't wait to hear what my kids will have to say when they talk. I hope they're as smart and cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete