Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Roll me away...

It's 10:45 pm and Nathan & I just got done bringing the boys down to the basement since there was a Tornado warning in the county next to ours. We figured better safe than sorry after the last set of storms that blew through. Not to mention the main level is in the 80's where the basement must be in the low 70's if not 60's. We decided we will camp out down here tonight (one perk of having 2 kids that sleep in pack n plays). Conner will sleep on the couch and Nater and I in the guest bed. A reminder of how fortunate we are to say the least. I know it's wrong of me to enjoy this kind of weather since most people don't have the comfort of basements and other means of protection, but I do love me a good thunderstorm.

Off to get some sleep and hopefully wake with electricity in the morning. For the record, our renters still do not have electricity. Our tree did some serious damage to the power lines. Nathan hooked up our generator for them on Monday so they are getting by for the time being.

2 comments:

  1. you have an awfully good attitude for a mother of 3 with no electricity. you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have electricity Cathy. I just said hopefully we would wake up with it because it goes off sometimes during the night when we get bad storms. All is well :)

    ReplyDelete