The Little Man started coming down with something Friday night and by Saturday morning woke with a fever. By that afternoon it was in the 103's (he always battles fevers) and we gave him some motrin and watched him through the night. His fever never really eased up and by Sunday morning we did the whole "do we, don't we" on whether or not to go to urgent care of wait until morning and try to get in with his doctor. Thankfully we made the choice to go to urgent care. Nathan took him and I stayed with the 2 little ones. Conner had pneumonia 2 years ago and was hospitalized so we are constantly worrying about his immune system. Anyway, once he got in they took xrays, got him hooked up to an iv b/c he was dehydrated, did a breathing treatment and drew blood. It doesn't sound like he was very happy with any of it. Nater said after the iv and breathing treatment the fever came down. The xrays confirmed he had pneumonia in the right lung and after another breathing treatment and the doctors looking things over they decided he could come home and a nebulizer would be delivered to the house that evening so we could do the breathing treatments ourselves. Yeah! Nater dropped of the prescriptions and brought Conner home. It had been almost 4 hours by this point and I had the boys to bed so I was able to hang out with Conner. He kept saying "I was so worried about you mom". He cracks me up. The good news is that he seems SO much better today and has no fever. It's times like these my heart goes out to families with seriously ill children in and out of hospitals. I can't imagine what they must be going through. I'm so thankful for my children's health.
Monday, February 02, 2009
Always the weekend...
The Little Man started coming down with something Friday night and by Saturday morning woke with a fever. By that afternoon it was in the 103's (he always battles fevers) and we gave him some motrin and watched him through the night. His fever never really eased up and by Sunday morning we did the whole "do we, don't we" on whether or not to go to urgent care of wait until morning and try to get in with his doctor. Thankfully we made the choice to go to urgent care. Nathan took him and I stayed with the 2 little ones. Conner had pneumonia 2 years ago and was hospitalized so we are constantly worrying about his immune system. Anyway, once he got in they took xrays, got him hooked up to an iv b/c he was dehydrated, did a breathing treatment and drew blood. It doesn't sound like he was very happy with any of it. Nater said after the iv and breathing treatment the fever came down. The xrays confirmed he had pneumonia in the right lung and after another breathing treatment and the doctors looking things over they decided he could come home and a nebulizer would be delivered to the house that evening so we could do the breathing treatments ourselves. Yeah! Nater dropped of the prescriptions and brought Conner home. It had been almost 4 hours by this point and I had the boys to bed so I was able to hang out with Conner. He kept saying "I was so worried about you mom". He cracks me up. The good news is that he seems SO much better today and has no fever. It's times like these my heart goes out to families with seriously ill children in and out of hospitals. I can't imagine what they must be going through. I'm so thankful for my children's health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sweet Boy. I hope he feels better very soon!
ReplyDeletePoor C-man hope you feel better. Hugs from CO.
ReplyDeleteKeel
Wow! That's a whopper of a weekend. I hate that feeling of do we or don't we go to the doctor???? How did the pneumonia come on so fast? I hope the meds work and you're getting rest, too.
ReplyDeletePoor baby! What a mess. Doesn't it suck to have a kid who is hurting? But I am with you on appreciating having mostly healthy kids. I think about those kids that have chronic illnesses every time A gets sick, and that makes his little colds so much more bearable. Hope C's back to himself soon!
ReplyDeleteMan that amazes me that he battles that so young
ReplyDeleteTrent
ohmy! what a weekend. hope he gets better fast!
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon, Conner.
ReplyDeleteglad to hear conner is doing better :) tell him i say hello poe
ReplyDelete