Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sound of Silence

What is it about staying up way past your bedtime just to enjoy the silence? I know, I know, I should just sleep. But the days are just so busy that when quiet finally arrives I want to soak it up. Landon didn't fall asleep until nearly 10:30 for the night. Before that was a mix of crying, whimpering and cat naps (all in your arms). Nater would say colic but I am trying to remain positive that it isn't colic. He is easier to calm than Conner but he is definitely a fussy baby.

How is it that are little guy HATES his carseat? Tonight at the store there was a couple with their baby in her carseat looking around happily. Meanwhile I'm carrying a crying baby in one arm and a carseat in the other. I asked them "does she like the carseat" and they responded "she sleeps in it all the time". I wanted to punch the guy in the face.

My help will soon be leaving. God help us all...

6 comments:

  1. I am totally there - which explains why I am up right now when everyone else is asleep. You will figure it out though. At first, I was terrified of being alone with all three, but I got over it. I just started to accept what I could and could not do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Sorry chand that sucks. I laughed about the punching the guy in the face comment. People with good kids must suck. At least Conner grew into a very good toddler....keep that in mind.

    Keel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! Sometimes my days fly by and I did not even get a chance to shower!
    Jack did not like car seat for months. He would scream and scream. I think people thought that we were killing him in there. :)
    Hugs from Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Chandra!! I am so sorry. Chandler had reflux and acted just like Landon. It was really hard. I can't imagine doing that with two other littles! :(
    More hugs from Idaho.
    ( Did you hear Jamie leaves Sun or Mon to get Siyum??? :) go check it out. She should post soon on battlestaion)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deep breaths. DEEP breaths. You're doing so incredibly well, just keep hanging in there.

    Car seats are overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Punched him in the face. I know it wouldn't be the first time you've decked a guy.

    You'll make it Chan.

    ReplyDelete