Sunday, March 16, 2008

Less than 3 days to go!!!!

That's right - in 57 hours we will be heading to the airport to get on a plane to DC, then Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to pick up our little guy. I can't wait!!!! I am about to get started on my tax return but I wanted to post some update pics I received on Friday of our little guy. He's too precious for words and I can't wait to touch his sweet skin and to see his hair! I love it! From our social update we learned that he LOVES to suck on his fingers, is a happy baby and is cooing and smiling when visiting with the nannies. I am filled with emotions and I know the time until we leave is going to FLY by. We still have so much to do. Wish US luck :)

Hubby's parents got into town today so they came over to visit with Little Man. He will be in great hands while we are away. He is looking forward to his visit with G'ma & G'pa and he will definitely be keeping them busy while we are away. I will try to update from Ethiopia, but if not I will post many pics when we return.

More soon!
Love, C















16 comments:

  1. So many pictures!!
    Chandra...he is AMAZING.
    I can't wait to hear more about him. You are going so soon!
    AHHHHH, it's really here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to give you crap for not posting the fact that you leave SO SOON! I'm calling you tomorrow. P.S. That guy is the cutest little thing I've seen! Oh, I can't wait to see pictures of him in YOUR arms! Soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:33 PM

    He is so cute! He has a mature-looking face for his age...and love the hair! Aww, I bet he can't wait to meet you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's definitely cute! Can't wait until you get back. We HAVE TO come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chandra,
    He is adorable! You must be so excited. I can't help but feel sad for this little guy not having a mom (or dad) to comfort and hold him until now. I guess James is right though that he is very lucky to have found you guys. We can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel sad Julie. The staff of nannies, doctors and workers at the care center are taking WONDERFUL care of him. My friend just got back from picking up her little girl and she said the children are so well loved. The nannies that are with them everyday love these kiddo's so much. They will be miss him! He's getting lots of loving and hugs right now but I CAN'T wait to get my hands on him!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:18 AM

    Aww, Chan he's so lovable, I'll be visiting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:07 PM

    What a doll!! You're in my thoughts!!! all of you :)

    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Hey Chandra and Nate, I'm so excited for you guys. Biruk is absolutely gorgeous, he is so lucky to have parents that love him without even having seen him or held him. God bless you both. And Conner, too, of course. We will probably be somewhere in your neighborhood about the middle of July or sooner. Can't wait. Love you so much. Say hi to T & J.
    Patti & Salim

    ReplyDelete
  10. He just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see your pictures with Biruk! Have a safe trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol...yay, I'm glad they confirmed the whole sucking on the fingers bit. Started to wonder if it was just when he saw me coming. btw, that was the bed he was in when chris and I met him, but he had been moved the day before we left, so he might be somewhere new now.

    so so so so SO excited - he is SUCH a sweetheart! Can't wait to see pics of you HOLDING him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a little doll. Where are all these photos coming from? You're so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh- He is adorable. Happy and safe travels to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! He is so adorable! I want to kiss those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such squeezable cheeks. Such soulful eyes. He is amazing. Happy travels.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:35 PM

    He is just so so so so precious. And very squeezable. :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete