WOW! What to tell you? Well, I'll start with the fact that it's been over a year since we started the process (nearly 2 since I started researching) and it's crazy to think it's finally happening. The last few days I've been in "prep" mode so it hasn't set in that I'm actually going to be holding our baby very, very soon. Until NOW. I just officially finished our taxes and I can now take a deep breath and know that I am 'ready to go'. It feels good. The past few days I've been extremely calm. Even today. It's been almost creepy. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight but it's not likely. Because as soon as my head hits the pillow my mind will not turn off. I'm going to grab little man and bring him to bed with us so I can hold him tight and try to get as much in as possible before I leave. The hardest part from here is leaving our little man. He is in wonderful hands but he'll be dearly missed by dad and myself.
I'll try to update while in Ethiopia but I'm not making any promises. Thanks to everyone for your support and sorry to my siblings I didn't get called back today. I'll have downtime in the airport tomorrow if you want to call.
To my little man, mama and dad are going to miss you soooooooo much and we love you lots! Your baby brother will be home soon to meet you. Be good for G'ma & G'pa.
love, mama & dad
Wow, it's finally happening. Good luck and get there and back safely and quickly.
ReplyDeleteHave an amazing trip!!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip! I'm so happy for you guys!! Little Man will be waiting for you and baby brother!It seems not long ago meeting you on blog,now you're traveling to get your BABY!!!!
ReplyDeleteThinking I might have missed you guys but if not HAVE A GREAT TRIP !!!
ReplyDeleteI remember when you first contacted me for information on our adoption and stuff... SOO neat to have followed your journey to your son and I can't wait to hear all about your first days together !
Lisa
Good Luck Chan. Be safe, can't wait to hear all about it and to finally meet the new member of the Homan family... ;)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear how it went and to see updates! Will be thinking of you as you wing your way across the Atlantic.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDelete...and we promise not to show anyone at the adoption agency the picture of your son holding carcinogenic chemicals! ;)
Chandra!!!!!!!! I can't believe you are going. I am so excited to hear all about your amazing journey. Oh, how full your arms are going to be.
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your trip!
I know I'm late reading this - you've probably already got him and you're just loving life. Can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteHe sure is a beautiful & happy little guy. What a happy time for you & your family. Jadyn & I are so happy for you all & can't wait to meet Biruk and give him lots of hugs & kisses...Jadyn already has her eye on him...ha ha Congrats on your new son! Love, Shannon :-)
ReplyDeleteAre you home yet??
ReplyDeleteOkay, woman we are going insane here!
ReplyDeleteUpdate soon!
We love ya!