But the fun doesn't stop there. Thanks to a series of events I had the pleasure of meeting this amazing woman along with her adorable & lovable son last night. Even though we had just recently started following each others blogs we took a gamble and within in less than 15 minutes of meeting in person, we knew we'd made the right choice! In the next hour I convinced her to stay the night. The boys had a great time together, conversation was shared over dinner, beverages were had and the talking never stopped. We wrapped up the night outside, under the stars until 2 a.m. chatting about everything & more. Honest words were spoken, our guards were down, laughter was shared and I now have gained one more beauitful (inside & out) friend from this wonderful world of blogging. note: I'm squatting down in the second photo because I felt like a giant next to her tiny, petite, adorable frame :)
Monday, June 27, 2011
Taking Chances
I've mentioned it before but I can't stress enough how important and critical the blogosphere world has been for me as a mother. I often wonder how my own mother survived raising 11 children when long distance calls were crazy expensive and her form of mantaining contact with her family was through writing letters and the few trips a year we visited with them. She didn't have a large network of women that she had as a source of comfort and companionship. She survived but I'm not sure I would have weathered as well as she has. I need my blogger friends (or my fake friends as hubby likes to tease). And the beautiful part is that we talk on the phone, send emails to each other and the most exciting thing of all - MEET IN PERSON! In four days I board a plane to meet a large group of women for a blogaramagaga and I can hardly stand the wait. Some of these women I connected with nearly four years ago. And finally, we meet in person!
But the fun doesn't stop there. Thanks to a series of events I had the pleasure of meeting this amazing woman along with her adorable & lovable son last night. Even though we had just recently started following each others blogs we took a gamble and within in less than 15 minutes of meeting in person, we knew we'd made the right choice! In the next hour I convinced her to stay the night. The boys had a great time together, conversation was shared over dinner, beverages were had and the talking never stopped. We wrapped up the night outside, under the stars until 2 a.m. chatting about everything & more. Honest words were spoken, our guards were down, laughter was shared and I now have gained one more beauitful (inside & out) friend from this wonderful world of blogging. note: I'm squatting down in the second photo because I felt like a giant next to her tiny, petite, adorable frame :)



But the fun doesn't stop there. Thanks to a series of events I had the pleasure of meeting this amazing woman along with her adorable & lovable son last night. Even though we had just recently started following each others blogs we took a gamble and within in less than 15 minutes of meeting in person, we knew we'd made the right choice! In the next hour I convinced her to stay the night. The boys had a great time together, conversation was shared over dinner, beverages were had and the talking never stopped. We wrapped up the night outside, under the stars until 2 a.m. chatting about everything & more. Honest words were spoken, our guards were down, laughter was shared and I now have gained one more beauitful (inside & out) friend from this wonderful world of blogging. note: I'm squatting down in the second photo because I felt like a giant next to her tiny, petite, adorable frame :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH MY LORDY! Does it make me happy to see you two together. And that shot of the boys? Big grins here.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are killing me! So many people I would love to meet or see again. Hope you have an amazing time Chandra. I actually know you will...no hope needed!
ReplyDeleteeeek! so jealous! tell her to come to CO with us!
ReplyDelete4 days, Chan!!! I'm calling you tomorrow to discuss important topics such as: what are you bringing to wear, how does one stay up until 2am and how do you meet people like that and manage to NOT say really dumb and ridiculous things.
Mmk talk then. :)
So awesome :) I've met some of my besties online and it is so rewarding. Sometimes it is easier because you can finally meet people with the same histories, connections, interests, etc...
ReplyDeleteLoooooove You!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous!!! What amazing cuteness in those photos, all of you!
ReplyDeleteThat is so amazing....I am green with envy. It is just so necessary to surround ourselves with women and support. love it!
ReplyDeleteI saw a bit of your wonderful weekend via
via "HotFlawed Mama"....glad I found another ET Mama out there!
Take Care-Jennifer aka "fiddlehead"