Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Summer lovin...
So far summer has kicked off beautifully. The plants in the garden are doing awesome (much better than last year) and we've even had the pleasure of eating a few cherry tomatoes. We recently enjoyed our second camping trip on a lake, with a kick butt zero entry pool. Today was spent at my friends (her in-laws) pool and this evening I enjoyed a beer on the back porch with a nice summer breeze. After five and a half years I feel like I'm finally getting into the swing of this motherhood gig. Tomorrow I'll surely be singing a different tune (because I always eat my words). Or in about a week when PMS rears its ugly face again (do you all have my cycle memorized by now?). While I have been having fun with the boys the house has been suffering terribly. It really is true that you can't do it all? But for now, I choose fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it when you post about how great things are and how easy motherhood is now...
ReplyDelete...because that almost guarantees that tomorrow someone will poop in your coffee mug or something equally horrendous.
You know, Chandra, Gareth is Matt's age now, and Abigail is Nathan's....and I STILL don't have a perfectly clean house! Now instead of picking up after or doing things with the kids, it's clean or go play in the dirt or go to lunch with a friend. Unless you want to make yourself a slave to the house or get a cleaning lady (neither) you just have to decide which is more important. I just find it easier to say oh well as I get older. The dirt will wait! It's ALWAYS there when I come back :(
ReplyDeleteCheryl
love summer. 2 weeks!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh yar, when PMS strikes I am the worst everything in the world, that is for certain.
ReplyDeleteYour summer is sounding divine. We went to a pool once, wish we had time to do more.
See. Told you.
ReplyDelete