2010 will come to an end in less than an hour. I'm lying on the sofa, music playing softly in the background, three little boys curled up in bed together, a handsome hubby asleep on the sofa and myself reflecting on what the year has entailed. The year has been graced by multiple road trips with our boys (we've traveled through 15 of the lower 48 just this year), multiple camping trips, campfires & s'mores, trips to lakes & mountains, a new home, bike rides & hikes, good health, beautiful memories with family & friends, cuddles on the sofa, reading books in bed together, lots of laughter, tears, happiness and some sorrow.
2010 taught me to enjoy the present. To stop trying to predict the future and enjoy the present. It taught me to be more patient, more kind and considerate. I learned how to be a better mother, wife, daughter and sister. I fell even more in love with Nater after a decade of being together. He amazes me every time I watch him with our boys. He is kind, generous and caring. And to this day, I'm so thankful to have him in my life.
2010 was filled with love & laughter. And I'm hoping the next year will be just as good. Happy 2011 friends & family! May your life be blessed with happiness, laughter and lots of time with those you love!
: )
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Chatter!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!! We celebrated our New Year by watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer reruns til 9:30, then going to bed. Then we were rudely awakened at midnight by some hooligans letting off fireworks. The nerve!
ReplyDeleteWe are so old. :)
Hope you have a great weekend! And Happy 2011!
Beth.