Wednesday, December 08, 2010
hope
There are many things I hope for while raising three boys but something that we are constantly stressing is gratitude. We try to remind them to be grateful for food, water, our home, learning, fresh air, etc. Well the other night Conner and I had a date to pick out a tree and grab some groceries. After being gone for a couple hours we hopped into the car to head home when Conner said "I wonder what my brothers are doing... I miss them. I miss dad". I responded saying I missed them too. Then Conner said "We sure do have a great family. I love our family". And then he proceeded to tell me the rest of the way home, "we sure are lucky to see Christmas lights". After coming home that night and decorating the tree while baking cookies he continued to thank us all night for all the fun. It really melted my heart and it has been on my mind since then how thankful I am that he's getting it! That all the work we've put into being good parents is paying off. That my job the past five years really does mean something! Not that I underestimate the job of a parent but it's nice to know they are paying attention. And after a tough start at motherhood (see blog history for reference) the hardwork has really started to pay off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment